Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying after pill

Options
  • 25-04-2011 5:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi Im new to this , however I have been browsing through the forums awhile now.
    This is my first month trying and if my calculations are right I am on Cycle day 23 or 7 days post ovulation.
    I think I ovulated on the 17th or 18th of this month.
    I took a test this morning but unfortunately it was negative.
    Am i still too early to test...?
    I am not sure when I am due my period as I dont know my cycle length as I was on the pill for 6 years.
    The wait is killing me :(
    I dont think I feel differnt.. had light cramps all last week and Im quite irritable and tired.
    What do you think??

Comments

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Its generally accepted that there is a "two week wait" between ovulation and when you should test. If you test early, then your test will only show a negative result. if you are 7dpo like you say, you can test in about a week.

Lots of women dont have a positive test until well after when their period should be due, so if you are negative, test again in a few days unless you get your period.

Good luck TTC.

Advertisement