Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

part time maths course

Options
  • 25-04-2011 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

I was looking at the part time maths courses offered by DIT. If anyone has done any of them I would love to hear what it's like, level of study, how many evenings per week, what are lectures like, is it necessary to attend every lecture (ie are they all compulsory) etc.

I haven't done any maths course at 3rd level, does anyone know if it's possible to enter straight into the level 7 (Ordinary degree) programme. I got A's in HL maths and applied maths in the LC and actually give grinds in those subjects for LC, but I would love to get some sort of degree behind me.

Also, I am quite busy during the week Mon-Fri, so would the extra workload be alot?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭IPushButtons

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

I was looking at the part time maths courses offered by DIT. If anyone has done any of them I would love to hear what it's like, level of study, how many evenings per week, what are lectures like, is it necessary to attend every lecture (ie are they all compulsory) etc.

I haven't done any maths course at 3rd level, does anyone know if it's possible to enter straight into the level 7 (Ordinary degree) programme. I got A's in HL maths and applied maths in the LC and actually give grinds in those subjects for LC, but I would love to get some sort of degree behind me.

Also, I am quite busy during the week Mon-Fri, so would the extra workload be alot?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Hows it goin ... Im in Stage 2 of the course.

Its grand , its 2 evenings a week, ya dont have to go to them every week . But its always good just to make sure ya get the notes. The lectures can be wuite boring especially if ur tired coming straight from work or somewhere else, but ye im finding it grand.
    Ya hav 2 continious assessments and the a main exam.

Theres no marking only pass or fail for the first 2 stages.

Any further questions , dont hessitate sending me a pm.

Ian

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Joaquin223

Any further information on this?

Looking to begin the course at Stage 2 in September, roughly how many are in each class? Average age? (I'm 22, I get the feeling I'd be one of the youngest there). Cheers

Advertisement