Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Where have you been

• 25-04-2011 6:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 167 ✭✭

As for some this is the first weekend away, just wondering where have you gone for the weekend.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 197 ✭✭zoltar_boi

Had a glorious weekend with the kid in Rathdrum. Molly & Barry do amazing work for the kids, and the sun even shone!

THe place was really busy, but not as many tents this year as there were last. Easter Egg Hunt and X-Factor competition bigger and better than ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

Drumhoney park in Fermanagh for a night followed by a couple of nights near Killybegs. Scenery was fantastic and the people were as friendly as ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

Spent the week in Trabolgan, Cork. Weather was fab. Really enjoyed it. Headed to Fanore today for the day, watching the surfers and giving the dog good run.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭locky76

Clonea beach just outside Dungarvan.
    Beautiful time below there, we all really enjoyed it (me, wifey, 11 month old boy, 3 year old dog, 6 year old she dog:D)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 240 ✭✭Bessa

We went to Doolin and stayed in Nagles campsite which is excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 399 ✭✭elaverty

Do you need to book Nagels,thinking of going next weekend,,,,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,260 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

No where yet..... should be finished enough to get the van out this weekend though....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 240 ✭✭Bessa

We just turned up and no problem. The hard stands were gone so he told us to park on the grass, which had been cut nice and short.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 381 ✭✭Repolho

We went to Morriscastle Strand near Kilmuckridge in Co Wexford.

Nice campsite situated right beside a beautiful blue flag beach. I think we got the biggest pitch in the place even though we had the smallest van! I thought it was two pitches so I parked right over to 1 side - was wondering why the neighbours were giving me funny looks at first :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Dibble

Vantastival Festival next weekend will be our first outing this year......can't wait!

• Advertisement

Dibble wrote: »
    Vantastival Festival next weekend will be our first outing this year......can't wait!

Lucky feckers. I'm just missing out on it this year unfortunately. Will be there next year though.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭the rambler

we were in nagles doolin also at weekend, good time had by all i think,:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭noel farrell

went to connamara weather was lovely stopped two nights cliften visited kilmore walled gardens and house camped roscrea on the way home will take it easy next week one night killmore quay . as we are off to scotland for two weeks on the 4 may happy camping

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 741 ✭✭✭WildWater

Westport/Newport/Mulranny for us. New greenway is fantastic see http://www.greenway.ie/index.html

Stopover at home tonight and off to Carrick on Shannon for a couple of nights tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭Betsy Og

Stayed at Lough Key, Roscommon. Lovely park, & lovely Leitrim only in the road.

Only 1 downside would be that the hard standings are in bays cut out of the forest, so not much open ground for kids to play just outside the caravan (where you can watch them) and you're a bit cut off.

Some people would probably love the privacy but I prefer kids playing with other kids beside you and a chat - and maybe a beer - with the neighbours. Looked like the campers had a ball. Was also an open field of campers and a few caravans so next time would look for those.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭barryfitz

I was in Nagles in Doolin for the easter weekend aswell right up until yesterday!! Didnt get a hardstand when we arrived because they were all gone, so we parked up on the grass. Didn't move when the hardstands freed up during the week because the view we had was so beautiful!. Weather was excellent, even plucked up the courage to go for a dip in the Atlantic, shocking amount of Jellyfish in the water by the way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭shaysue

Just back from Nagles also. Fabulous well maintained site with very helpful and friendly owners.

Pity Bord Failte wouldn't open their eyes and see the amount of campervans now in Ireland and invest in and properly regulate sites and prices etc.

This is not a comment on Nagles where site price is very reasonable and facilities spotless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Old Timer

Bord Failte are only interested in the fees that the charge sites to be inspected, and they are even inspected by a third party.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 381 ✭✭Repolho

We went to vantastival last weekend.

Good fun, nice laid back atmosphere, good music and great weather. great little festival.

Just wondering though, on our way up we must have seen 100+ campers heading south on the N7 / N8. Was there something in particular last weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭vincent coffey

We went south in a VW to the glen of Aherlow for 5 dyas of beautiful sunshine.
    Would have liked to hit vantastival again this year but little baby stopped that plan in its tracks.
    Repolho wrote: »
    We went to vantastival last weekend.

Good fun, nice laid back atmosphere, good music and great weather. great little festival.

Just wondering though, on our way up we must have seen 100+ campers heading south on the N7 / N8. Was there something in particular last weekend?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

Took a few extra days off work to make use of the two long weekends and went around Cork and Kerry (in order):

- Clonakilty, Cork. Stayed in Desert House for one night, nice family run site. Good location

- Baltimore, Cork. Went to Sherkin Island and stayed in a B&B for a night as it wasn't possible to bring the van over

- Glenbeigh, Kerry. Stayed in caravan park called Glenross. Very modern, good facilities.

- Caherciveen, Kerry. Stayed in Mannix Point Caravan Park - fantastic place, great character to it has a great BBQ area and a communal room with a range of instruments for a good session after the pub!! Bit of a walk from town.

- Caherdaniel, Kerry. Stayed in Glenbeg Caravan Park, facilities were lacking a bit I think most people stay in Wave Crest about 300m up the road. Most caravans are for rent and we were the only camper but just couldn't turn down parking up right beside the beach and 20m from a fantasic beach bar with great food and atmosphere!

- Castlegregory, Kerry. Sandy Bar 2 Caravan Park - mainly a park for mobile homes, we were the only camper there but owner was a sound man. It's a bit far from town and facilities was at the bare minimum but Brandon Bay is right at the back of the caravan park.

- Banna Bay, Kerry. Stayed at Sir Rogers - nice caravan park, 200m from the Banna hotel and 100m from the beach. Lots of other campers/caravanners around so good buzz around the park. Tralee was €15 in a taxi so good for a bit of grub in the evening or a few pints.

Great trip in the van, got to see most of the Ring of Kerry and went to most of the beaches in the area. Pity there isn't a caravan park around Dingle/Inch area as would have liked to stayed around there for a night.

shaysue wrote: »
    Just back from Nagles also. Fabulous well maintained site with very helpful and friendly owners.

Pity Bord Failte wouldn't open their eyes and see the amount of campervans now in Ireland and invest in and properly regulate sites and prices etc.

This is not a comment on Nagles where site price is very reasonable and facilities spotless.
    barryfitz wrote: »
    I was in Nagles in Doolin for the easter weekend aswell right up until yesterday!! Didnt get a hardstand when we arrived because they were all gone, so we parked up on the grass. Didn't move when the hardstands freed up during the week because the view we had was so beautiful!. Weather was excellent, even plucked up the courage to go for a dip in the Atlantic, shocking amount of Jellyfish in the water by the way :)

Ooh, Ooh, did you see me, did ya did ya did ya??? Stayed in Nagles on Saturday night. Was a fantastic site and very clean and well maintained.

What were ye driving btw?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭shaysue

On hard standing on upper level. We had a Burstner Aviano 725 A class. Nice view to sea. Wonderful sunset Sun evening. Great pics taken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

Was in Blarney for the Easter weekend. Really love it there.

Site is spotless and feels really safe for the kids. New additions this year is a small play area for kids (although there is plenty of green space to play) and wi fi. 18 hole pitch and putt course is as immaculate as ever.

Good mix of campers, caravans and tent people.

We like to start and end the season here.

shaysue wrote: »
    On hard standing on upper level. We had a Burstner Aviano 725 A class. Nice view to sea. Wonderful sunset Sun evening. Great pics taken.

Up the back behind the toilet block??

Was I beside you by any chance? :D

Check the link in my sig, my van is quite distinctive.... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

Went up around Ballyvaughan for a few days, fantastic place, walked a lot around the Burren

223319_1877527292617_1074276521_2135262_97780_n.jpg

bogman wrote: »
    Went up around Ballyvaughan for a few days, fantastic place, walked a lot around the Burren

Jaysis, its a small world. We weren't that far away from each other..... We were in Doolin and Lehinch....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 macan

Spent the Easter weekend in Beleek Caravan Park in Ballina. Lovely park, very well maintained and a very safe park for children. It is family owned and ran and owner is always around and very helpful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Had planned a few days around Wexford, but 2 campsites near Wexford were booked out, 2 weren't answering the phone (for several days), and the approach to the only one that had answered the phone and was ready to take us in was not what we expected, so we headed to Tramore for the night, near the Cove. That was fine, nothing amazing but fine.
    Next day we headed for the trusted West Cork and Kerry counties, and what a brilliant time we had !

First night in Wavecrest, brilliant spot, spent the entire evening with my eyes riveted on the water to try and spot dolphins or basking sharks. Not very very child friendly though I thought (kids are 3 and 5).

Second night in another little gem : the Irish named place outside Dingle (sorry I'm French can't remember exact name !) near the archeological remains on the Dingle peninsula.
    This is a bit inland from the sea, and about a mile and a half to the nearest pub, but what a great little place, owners very helpful, very friendly feel about the place, and the facilities are nice if not very modern. We will definitely stay there again !

We headed home through Tralee and drove through the Sliabh Luachra countryside, which made for a very pleasant journey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭barryfitz

Ooh, Ooh, did you see me, did ya did ya did ya??? Stayed in Nagles on Saturday night. Was a fantastic site and very clean and well maintained.

What were ye driving btw?

Think I might have spotted the van alright, I was driving a black Hyundai i30 :) Im a caravan man!!! :D

Advertisement