Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Where have you been

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,260 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

barryfitz wrote: »
    Think I might have spotted the van alright, I was driving a black Hyundai i30 :) Im a caravan man!!! :D

BAH! Caravans........;) I'm not a fan personally. I think you're either a caravan person, or a camper person, like there are cat people and dog people. I'm the latter on both.

I was busy eyeing up all the campers when I was there. There was another three conversions there too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

Jaysis, its a small world. We weren't that far away from each other..... We were in Doolin and Lehinch....
    No doubt we will hookup, we should get boards.ie reflective stickers made up lol

Second night in another little gem : the Irish named place outside Dingle (sorry I'm French can't remember exact name !) near the archeological remains on the Dingle peninsula.
    This is a bit inland from the sea, and about a mile and a half to the nearest pub, but what a great little place, owners very helpful, very friendly feel about the place, and the facilities are nice if not very modern. We will definitely stay there again !

Wonder where that was, out by Slea head? the whole Dingle peninsula is littered with archeological remains, one of my favourite places, ill throw out a few names... Ballyferritter, Dun an Oir, Dunquin, Murreagh, Fionn tra (Ventry) or Feohanagh near Gallarus possibly as rich in archaeology

Let me know if you can, intend heading down that way in and around the 2nd week of June
    Thanks.....Charles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Hi Bogman, that's the place right beside Gallarus I'm on about.
    Listed in the Campsites in Ireland website and on the booklet :
    http://www.camping-ireland.ie/parks/kerry/14-campail-teach-an-aragail-oratory-house-camping.html

edit : I think it is the only campsite on the peninsula btw (what a shame !)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 152 ✭✭corkbuoy

Gallarus is the only campsite in the area but there are a number of places where you can pitch up - Paudie O'Shea's in Ventry, he has a field across the road from the pub where he allows campers overnight, just ask in the bar. The beach is just down the lane. Also Wine Strand near Ballyferriter where you can wildcamp, stayed there at Easter nice spot. There was a few other vans there that weekend.

Advertisement