Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Omey Dash Triathlon August 13

• 25-04-2011 6:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19

Hi!

Just thought I would I share this link to a local community triathlon I entered last year and is being run again in August this year, http://www.omeydash.com

It was very small event last year (maybe 30 / 40 competitors) with the focus on taking part, but, I thought it was very enjoyable. The proceeds of the event this year are going towards the Claddaghduff Community Hall facility.

The swim part of the event is pretty unique and may be of some interest to those training for the 70.3 in Galway in September. The swim takes place in a small channel near Clifden (Streamstown Bay) and the distance is approx 4.5km but it is tidal assisted and they estimated it to be equivalent to 1.5km. The rest of the course was pretty standard sprint(ish) distances (18km on the bike and 4.5km run).

****Not affiliated to or involved in the organising of this event. I spend a bit of time in the area and I thought I would share********

Kate

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭ronanmac

I saw posters for this in Clifden the other day and I was intrigued by the swim! I've done a drift dive in that bay a few times and it was absolutely exhilarating, being hurled forward in the water at crazy speeds, watching fish hide behind rocks for shelter and seaweed fly past like tumbleweed. It would definitely be a place to set a 4.5k swim PB :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19 katie_h

Hi Ronan!

Yeah, the swim last year was something else :) Absolutely amazing, it felt like you got rocketed along for the first bit, although as you get closer in towards Clifden you actually had to work a bit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭gumbynation

just wndering if the 4.5km swim is equivalent to 1.5km or if the tidal assistance is equivalent to 1.5km - leaving the swim equivalent to 3km?
    what sort of time are people doing it in and what sort of times would ye do a normal 1.5km swim?
    thanks

Advertisement