Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tamarisk Kilnamanagh - To Buy or not to buy

Options
  • 25-04-2011 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hey Guys,
    I am looking into buying a house around south Dublin. Specifically Tamarisk in Kilnamanagh.

I have driven around the area numerous times and haven't seen any major concerns but a friend of a friend told us there may be some shady characters living close by.

Hope some of you live there and can tell me if there are any areas we should steer clear of?
    The last thing we want to do is buy a house to find the area has a high crime rate or drugs/junkies close by.

Thanks,
    Keith

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Dublin25

I've lived in Kilnamanagh for most of my life and haven't had any problems with it.

Its pretty much a family estate with the church, shopping centre and schools being the main focal points but it does have a good bit going for it.

Does you friend live in that area?

In fairness shady characters are in every other estate around Dublin but I've never had problems here.
    Maybe you could knock on a neighbours door, have a chat?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Keith008

Thanks for your reply Dublin25.

My friend doesnt live there but he has work colleagues who do live around the area. Thats where he got the info.

yeah I totally agree, we will drop into the neighbours to see what they think of the area (And to see what the neighbours are like :) )

Do you mind me asking what estate you live in or road? Could be close by to where I am looking :)

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Dublin25

Hi,

No problem anything to help.

I'm up the top towards Parkhill and never had any trouble. (Have lived here since i was 3!)
    Bus and luas is great if your working in town. Pub across the road and there's loads for kids (if you have or later in life have some)

If you need anything else on it at all send me a pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Wrapping Paper

I'm from Tamarisk.

It's a really nice area, very quiet and I have never encountered any problems. Luas is close by, without it being on top of you, so there are great transport links to and from the city centre.

I have absolutely no idea what your friends colleagues are going on about. But then again I am always sceptical of whatever 'friends of friends' are claiming.

Speaking as somewhere who grew up there, and whose parents still live there, it's a peaceful, friendly place to live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Grew up nearby in Tallaght and know lots of people from Kilnamangh. It's a grand, settled area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭magotch07

i lived in tamarisk my whole life till i bought in tymon a few years back....its a grand area very settled and relatively middle aged estate now

what road where you looking at

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ngoc

Hi everyone,
    I'm considering to buy a house on Tamarisk Heights at the moment, but still have a little concerns so would love to hear if you have some info/answers: the house I am looking at is on a slope (built on hills) with the main door facing uphill, so I'm wondering if it would be having any drainage issues/flood during heavy rains?

Advertisement