Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***Match Thread*** Tues 25/4 21:15 Wes1 -vs- Boxmasters

Options
  • 25-04-2011 6:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

Let's make it 3 out of 3

Clay -
    Conor - in
    Keith - in
    Gav - in
    Jules - away
    Ciaran - in
    Martin - in
    Gary -
    Eamon -
    Kenny - in
    Cathal - in
    Eoin - in
    Collie - in
    Anto - out
    Karl - in
    Ed - in

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

des, is Karl the keeper or you still need me to go? i text you back last night, did you get it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

We need you Ed! Karl is not that Karl, it's another Karl. Who does not play in goals :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Karl Durnin, our old keeper, lives in Scotland now, so reckon if Ed can do it, that'd be great.

Good luck tonight lads, gutted to be missing it but know it's in safe hands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

des, is Karl the keeper or you still need me to go? i text you back last night, did you get it?

Sorry Ed, not been near a computer today until now.

Be good if you could come this evening.

Des wrote: »
    Sorry Ed, not been near a computer today until now.

Be good if you could come this evening.

ok sound, ill see ye about 9.05 or so, i reckon ill watch the match until about 60 mins in in the coach in and head over then about 9ish...

• Advertisement

8-1 win, thanks to Ed for covering for Clay.

Lads, we got very sloppy in the second half.

Yeh, I should have had two goals, shocking stuff :D I don't think I've played so bad and won by so wide a margin, awesome! We made them look bad, immense performance. They were a better side than last week but this week we just punished all their mistakes.

That puts us exactly in the same position as the Monks

Played 3
    Won 3
    Drawn 0
    Lost 0
    For 14
    Against 3
    GD +11
    Pts 9

SMH just below us two with the same GD, except it's F13 A2

Can you stick the other results in the summer season thread?

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Can you stick the other results in the summer season thread?

Yeah, will do it tomorrow evening when they are all in

• Advertisement

was it 8-1 or 7-1??

i was so bored in the second half, i may have missed the last goal. apart from first 10 minutes when they took the lead, i thought it was a super performancec, we scored some great goals, but conors and gavs were top class.

it was 3-1 at half time, collie, gav, conor, ciaran and wes got goals then, so ya, it was 8-1 wasnt it.

Yes, 8-1

Wes's 2 were inside the box.

As was Cathal's header (shoulder?!:p)

Karl scored a volley from the edge of the box.

Collie scored a nice one from a short free kick from Keith, from outside the box.

Gav curled one from the left, from outside the box. (he also put one on top of the school).

Conor I think was inside the box, was he?

And Ciaran scored from outside the box too.

And my volley from outside the box sailed inches wide, what a peach it would have been :( Two years since I scored for boards too.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭murtagh

Des wrote: »
    Yes, 8-1
    As was Cathal's header (shoulder?!:p)

Yeah, it was one of these...

7 different goal scorers. practically everybody that played in a forward role scored.

biggest win for boards ever i think also, so great achievement by all.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Clinical performance and good to take our chances. We got a bit ragged in the second half due to us wanting to get as many past them as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

Once we got the lead there was a great hunger in our game. we hunted them down in packs anytime they had a sniff of the ball. We did get a bit ragged in the second half partly due to everyone wanting to go forward and get involved and partly due to the effort of hunting/chasing/bullying them. Good team performance without over streching ourselves I think we still have another gear there.

I have to say Conor pass for Gav's goal was a great bit of unselfish play, he had every right to have a go himself but teed up Gav instead. (the one onto the roof was oboviously a range finder!).

I can't remember any game where we've shot so much from distance either.

I think the fact that an early one went in had a bearing on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ChopperLambe

Taking nothing away from a good team performance and an unselfish performance from our medfielders and strikers they passed and moved very well together.2-1 or 8-1 its still only bags us 3 points lets not forget one game at a time lads. we sould enjoy nights like last night and not get to confident and forget how easy we have lost games in the past going into the following week thinking alls we had to do was turn up. all in all we hunted them down like Lambes ;) , great to see from a defenders point of view. thanks ed for the cover great talking all the time good to see you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Clinical stuff lads, great to see the points total ticking over and it sounds like some great finishes across the board. Hope to see 12 points on the board after next week, and am looking forward to being back for the 10th May game already.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

8-1:eek:

Advertisement