Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chorizo in Drogheda

Options
  • 25-04-2011 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where you can buy a whole stick of chorizo in drogheda and not just the pre sliced packets. Tried tescos but they havent had it for a while and lidl dont have them either.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 kk7

Try Aldi. Got some there on Sat.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭karlram

defo aldi

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭TravelJunkie

Dunnes and Lidl should have

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Got some in Lidl on Donore Rd on Saturday.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

No idea myself but curious as to what it is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

Scotty # wrote: »
    Got some in Lidl on Donore Rd on Saturday.

I was in there on Sunday and they didnt have any, can never seem to get it in there and thier chorizo is lovely!! Biggins its spansih sausage and its lovely!

220px-Chorizo1-edited.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

The Mrs makes a lovely pasta salad with it and some feta cheese, peperoni grigliati, sweetcorn, red onion, sun dried tomato's (in oil), and sometimes, mushrooms. Perfect on a hot day with a little dollop of mayonnaise. Always a big bowl of it in the fridge.
    thier chorizo is lovely
    It is. The taste can vary hugely from brand to brand. I'm not a fan of Tesco's, much stronger taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,360 ✭✭✭positron

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chorizo

Chorizo, pepperoni etc - the spiced cured pork sausages usually with kick ass spicy flavours.

I am trying to be vegetarian lately though, so no more chorizo for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Bykobap

Try Lithuanian shop just pass the bus station, wont be Spanish but huge selection of dry meat. Polish shops do them as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

M&S used to have chorizo, both the ones for cooking and also ones for slicing. Though it was months ago when i saw it hter. Worth a try though as it was good stuff! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement