Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

monome jam video

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Hendrixfan

Sounds good, music's fairly advancing. I never seen anything like that before, looks like it came out of a spaceship.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭krd

You should post it in the "let's here your tracks " Dance music section.

That's great piece -- sound better as you warm up through it. It would be great to hear it re-edited

Does the monome create a midi recording?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Denalihighway

thats really cool. nice one. dunno anything about those machines...seems like u trigger midi tracks in the DAW with Y and then control key with X-axis? or am I way off?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 beatpoet

Cheers for the comments. Was away for the weekend so I missed them.

Monome spits out OSC the grid reference is read by max/msp program mlrv2 which plays the corresponding bit of audio and sends back a light to the monome to tell you where it is playing. So no midi involved at all. Just OSC and audio.

There is a way to get it to record a MIDI output and play it back in Ableton Live with max for live version of the patch but I haven't really delved into it too much as when I tried it the patch had quiet a bit of latency and was and difficult to play. I kind of prefer the performance aspect and the way you cannot go back and change it now. I spent too many years in DAWs with unlimited possibilities and out putting nothing.

I do find it difficult to get my head inside the piece when starting, well spotted. I not really into editing it as I want to keep everything as Live as possible, so I'll probably warm up more before hitting record the next time.

Will I get nailed for a double post if I hit up the post your tracks area also ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Tis nice. So one side is loops and the other is single shot samples?

• Advertisement
Advertisement