Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FF 7 Question

• 25-04-2011 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭

Not sure if this is the right page but I have Final Fantasy 7 platinum version and I have tried to play it on my PS3. The game works perfectly but no memory card slot is created and when you get to a save point it is impossible to save?

I hope this makes sense and does anyone know how to sort this?/

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,036 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You have to create a virtual memory card on the PS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Warren3

I have done this but for this one game it does not work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Have you made sure to select it as being applied to Memory Card Slot one (do it after the game has been started via the home button)?

I know its basic but it's hopefully/probably something simple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,748 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Are you certain you created a PS1 and NOT a PS2 virtual memory card?

I will check tonight to see if I have made a silly mistake

thanks for the replies

• Advertisement

Just to follow up on this it was a stupid mistake. I had set up a PS2 card not a PS1 card

Anyway sorted now and thanks for your help!

Playing FF7 for the first time!. It is not bad at all

Enjoy the BEST FF GAME EVERRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!

/end troll.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,388 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Enjoy the BEST FF GAME EVERRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!

/end troll.

Heh, poor final fantasy VII. It gets so much bashing due to it's popularity. It has become a game that's cool to dislike. You are far far cooler in the gaming world if you think FF VI or FF IX are better. :pac:
    (They're not)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

7 is my favourite too, and I remember liking 9 quite a lot. 8..not so much.

Really enjoying this so far. See how far I can get in the bank holiday weekend!!!

• Advertisement

Warren3 wrote: »
    Really enjoying this so far. See how far I can get in the bank holiday weekend!!!
    Will be interesting as to what Retr0 can say about someone's opinion that isn't tainted with nostalgia...!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭sengoku

o1s1n wrote: »
    Heh, poor final fantasy VII. It gets so much bashing due to it's popularity. It has become a game that's cool to dislike.

Final Fantasy VII is pure MARMITE. You either love it, or hate it!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,036 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

FFVII is good but if you can't see it's flaws then it's just fanboyism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭sengoku

Retr0gamer wrote: »

The main thing that annoyed me about the game was the random battles, it actually upset me at times. :( sniff sniff

I was playing through the second disk and my third party memory card got all corrupted, apparently there were games that would actively seek for 3rd party hardware and messed it up on you, FF7 was one of those games. I didn't start the game again. :confused:

In hind sight, I'm glad the card got messed up. :rolleyes:

EDIT : Found the info below. It's from Gamefaqs, so it must be true! :D
    LINK
    It seems that certain games like Final
    Fantasy 7, FF Tactics, Saga Frontier are programmed to malfunction if
    you use a non-Sony memory card to save your game. If in an event where
    the memory card crashes, you can call the tech support line to get a
    refund/new memory card. But there's just one catch. The memory card has
    to be a Sony memory card--- it's written into the warrentee of both the
    playstations and the memory cards. You could lose many hours of gameplay
    for RPG games so this is just a warning.

I doubt there were games that actively corrupted third party cards it was more that the third party cards were ****e.

Master of the Universe

You could say that about any game really.

Except Super Metroid, that game has no flaws :P

I just find FFVII fans particularly deaf to the games flaws and have a fingers in ears approach to it.

Master of the Universe

Except Super Metroid, that game has no flaws :P

It has one major flaw - it ended :(
    I just find FFVII fans particularly deaf to the games flaws and have a fingers in ears approach to it.

Ah, I've met people who are like that about many games, consoles, music, sports... everything really. You can still love something if it's flawed. I think some people don't get that and feel the need to try and justify liking something to the bitter end - leading to fanboyism.

For me, Final Fantasy VII was a perfect storm. Not only was it an enjoyable game and many people's first experience with an RPG/Character death, it came when 3D games were really starting to show how expansive and cinematic they could be. It did it right at the right time and many people remember it for that.

I know now that the game does in fact lose some of it's umpfh once you leave Midgar, but back in 1997 when I was only 14 or 15 that felt like I had a vast open explorable 3D world in front of me - a concept I had been salivating over when I first bought my ps1 a year or so before.

So I fully admit it has flaws, but for the right place and the right time aspect (including my own personal situation, age and 3D gaming experience) there was nothing like it. And it makes me nostalgia to the max :D

Well there's no way that I'll say it's a bad game, it's fantastic and really good fun to play. It blew me away as well at the time and it was my favourite game ever as well but with a bit more experience and maturity I can't call it the best FF game let alone the best JRPG or game ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

I can't call it the best FF game let alone the best JRPG or game ever.

Cause we all know Mother 2 or 3 get that one:D

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

I can't call it the best FF game let alone the best JRPG or game ever.

Well the whole 'best X ever' is a bit silly. To truely know if something was the best ever, you'd need knowlege so vast that you probably wouldn't be able to reach a conclusion within a normal human lifespan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,604 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

i remember playing this at the time and i didn't get too far as the random battles did my head in and stopped playing it in disgust
    someone once told me that you could avoid the random battles by pressing a button before they happened, is this true?

Skerries wrote: »
    i remember playing this at the time and i didn't get too far as the random battles did my head in and stopped playing it in disgust
    someone once told me that you could avoid the random battles by pressing a button before they happened, is this true?

It's bull****. They're either lying through their teeth or confusing it with Shadow Madness which was a game desperately wanting to be like FFVII.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭7sr2z3fely84g5

There was materia on the third disk that allowed you to avoid random battles.

PDS had random battles too but we gloss over and forget that.

PDS had random battles too but we gloss over and forget that.

Why bring that up. Actually only in a few places was there random battles in PDS. In many places it tried something different with how battles were initiated. Most of the areas seem to have random battles but the battles are actually activated by triggers. It was great how it experimented with how battles are initiated. Anyway the battles in PDS are fantastic and really cinematic and action packed, the strategic placement system is excellent and far better than the simple system employed by FFVII.

Advertisement