Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up Sky Eye for 2nd V

Options
  • 25-04-2011 8:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi,

Just wondering how I set up a magic eye for a 2nd TV in the house. As far as I know the room where the 2nd TV is had a sky box connected previously. I've plugged in the magic eye and cannont get the red power light to come on. There is a booster for the tv points (in all rooms) turned on in the attic. Any thoughts/ideas would be great.

G

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Willby

grahamore wrote: »
    Hi,

Just wondering how I set up a magic eye for a 2nd TV in the house. As far as I know the room where the 2nd TV is had a sky box connected previously. I've plugged in the magic eye and cannont get the red power light to come on. There is a booster for the tv points (in all rooms) turned on in the attic. Any thoughts/ideas would be great.

G
    Hi,
    If the tv signal cable is connected via a wall plate then this could be the problem. Most wall plates have a capacitor which does not pass the 9v power supply to the magic eye. The solution is to drill a hole in the plate and join the two cables directly bypassing the plate altogether.
    If this is not the problem then the distribution amp may not be the correct type for use with magic eyes.
    Willby

• Registered Users Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭John mac

grahamore wrote: »
    Hi,

There is a booster for the tv points (in all rooms) turned on in the attic. Any thoughts/ideas would be great.

G

what booster is it? is it an f140 ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 grahamore

its a wolsley 6+1 way tv satellite amplifier...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Seoda1

Have a look at the followingarticle ...
    http://www.sky-remotes.com/setup-sky-magic-eye.shtml
    It's talks about setting the Sky box to output power for the magic eye.
    Hope this helps!

Advertisement