Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TESCO MOBILE - Data Question

Options
  • 25-04-2011 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭

Hi. Just got a Galaxy Mini in Tesco and am not sure about the Data settings. To use a Tesco Data Bundle is it correct that I have to use the Data Roaming option to get a connection? I had assumed I would select the Use Packet Data option as it seems more logical than Roaming? Can you confirm that Data Roaming is OK to use and that I am not using up loads of my data package on a Roaming rate?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Tesco Mobile: Paul

Hi there

If you bought the Galaxy Mini from Tesco Mobile then all settings are already correct. Yes, data roaming as a setting needs to be on as well as packet data (both are by default on our phones). The reason for this is that we "national" roam on O2 and Android sees this as roaming. This has absolutely no bearing on the charging which is as normal and as advertised.

To purchase a 30 day 1GB data bundle you simply text "data" to 174211. The cost of the bundle €6.99 is taken from your credit. To check on remaining allowance and expiry data dial *100*6# from the phone or check in My Tesco Mobile on the web (login via http://www.tescomobile.ie).

cheers
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭ingalway

That's great Paul - all makes sense now. Thanks for the help and quick reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭morgana

A related question, if you not not have an active bundle, data is 79c per MB, correct? Is there any time limit on when that has to be used up?
    Oh yeah, and how long does it take to port your old number from the time of request (online)?
    TIA,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Tesco Mobile: Paul

morgana wrote: »
    A related question, if you not not have an active bundle, data is 79c per MB, correct? Is there any time limit on when that has to be used up?
    Oh yeah, and how long does it take to port your old number from the time of request (online)?
    TIA,

Hi Morgana,

Yes it is 79c per MB but that is real time charging not a bundle. It is charged out in smaller blocks as you use the data, about 100kb at a time.

If you want to buy a bundle its
    79c for 50 MB for 1 day - Text "data" to 174209
    €2.99 for 350 MB for 7 days - Text "data" to 174210
    €6.99 for 1024MB(1GB) for 30 days - Text "data" to 174211

You can stack bundles i.e. buy a new one before the the first one expires and extend both the remaining allowance and expiry date.

The online form is a contact form that goes through to customer care. They will call you back within 24 hours to execute the port process. If you want it done sooner call them on 0894200000. They will do it over teh phone for you.

Hope this helps
    regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 1 pixxell

Hello, i just bought a bluboo x1 mobile phone and i insert a tesco sim all good except that every time i'm trying to make a call roaming message appears and i am charged for every single call even to another tesco mobile. Please can you explain why, a phone is sim lock free and works on other networks without problems.
    Thank you

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement