Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone got firmware for Sipura SPA-3000?

Options
  • 25-04-2011 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

Hi

anyone got links to various versions of firmware for the Sipura SPA-3000 (ex-Sipura, ex-Linksys, now Cisco and apparently not supported any more)

I have a model which I got on ebay for rather little, it has 3.1.7e firmware on it - but it does not work so well.

I would like to try various 2.x and 3.x firmware revisions on it, to see if it makes any difference.

Can anyone help me out with download links to such revisions?

No luck finding them on the Cisco site ...

Ta
    Liam

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

i'm running what I think is the latest version: 3.1.20 - and this is a link google threw back for it:

http://download.modem-help.co.uk/mfcs-L/LinkSys/SPA3000/Firmware/r3-1-20GW/spa3000-3.1.20-GW-.zip.php

WHo are you trying to use with it for SIP?

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭liamf

Thanks for that.

I actually found 3.1.10 and 3.1.20 and a version or two more in the support forums on the Cisco site, attached to messages.

I just finished packing up the SPA3000 actually: I am going to send it back to the vendor and exchange it. After I noticed that you could not talk to it via **** or reset it to factory defaults I sort of lost confidence that it was actually working properly at all :-)

I am going to use it to connect an eircom line to my Asterisk server and have Asterisk handle the incoming PSTN calls. I use Blueface (via IAX), and voipgain and intervoip (outgoing only, via SIP) for calls. Asterisk handles all trunking and will continue to do so when I get a working SPA3000.

At the moment, the PSTN line is connected to the IP/DECT basestation and just rings all those extensions. Adding the SPA3000 is just to inject some extra options into the call handling.

Ta
    Liam

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

liamf wrote: »
    I am going to use it to connect an eircom line to my Asterisk server and have Asterisk handle the incoming PSTN calls. I use Blueface (via IAX), and voipgain and intervoip (outgoing only, via SIP) for calls. Asterisk handles all trunking and will continue to do so when I get a working SPA3000.

At the moment, the PSTN line is connected to the IP/DECT basestation and just rings all those extensions. Adding the SPA3000 is just to inject some extra options into the call handling.

Ta
    Liam

As a matter of interest, How do you get the SPA3000 to redirect calls to Asterisk? Can this be done simply!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭liamf

Hmm.

"Simply" is in the eye of the beholder :D

And bear in mind that mine never worked nicely, and now I think that this is because I had a bad SPA3000 ... my vendor though is going to swap it, so that's OK and I will try again.

I had it all working (ringing through and so on) but call quality was unusable. I am hoping it will just spring into life when I get a working one.

There are a couple of tutorials out there on how to do this, suggesting slightly different methods:

This one is very detailed: http://nerdvittles.com/index.php?p=65

This one looks easy (but I didn't try it): http://ozlabs.org/~cyeoh/asterisk/

And since I actually use FreePBX as the UI on top of Asterisk, I used this tutorial (which is also extremely detailed)

http://www.freepbx.org/support/documentation/howtos/howto-linksys-spa-3102-sipura-spa-3000-freepbx

Have fun.

liam

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Thanks for that liam, sounds fun!

• Advertisement
Advertisement