Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Home BB and NAT for DVR

Options
  • 25-04-2011 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Having a problem with vodafone home BB and setting nat rules (port forwarding ) for a dvr - no matter what I do I cannot get port forward .com to recognise that port 5000 and 8080 are opened. Is it possible that vodafone have "hardwired" their netowrk so that I cant open these ports?

Using the standard provided hg556 router with all up to date firmware - have followed with vodafone but their response has been "we dont support port forwarding as it is a security risk"

thanks for help in advance

just also noticed on my routers diagnostics that the "ping " tests are failing - could this be connected?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

I am not an expert at that modem but check with the firewall off.

I know with the Eircom modem, you could set up port forwarding but it would not work until you turned down the firewall.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Toyota1968

Thansk for your reply -

I am actually opening the port up to view a dvr which doesnt have a firewall - so this shouldnt be a problem from what I know -

Is there a firewall on the router that can be "tuned" ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

Not sure where the firewall settings are on that model but would be very surprised if there is not some sort of one.

I see from other posts on this modem that there seems to be lots of problems

I did find this post which indicates there is a firewall but may not be the case with your model. http://tails92.sepwich.com/files/vstation/news.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 connafly

Toyota1968 wrote: »
    Having a problem with vodafone home BB and setting nat rules (port forwarding ) for a dvr - no matter what I do I cannot get port forward .com to recognise that port 5000 and 8080 are opened. Is it possible that vodafone have "hardwired" their netowrk so that I cant open these ports?

Using the standard provided hg556 router with all up to date firmware - have followed with vodafone but their response has been "we dont support port forwarding as it is a security risk"

thanks for help in advance

just also noticed on my routers diagnostics that the "ping " tests are failing - could this be connected?

Appears you have a faulty router, load sware for dvr to local machine try this first to access dvr,can you ping internal, turn off firewall (briefly) does dvr have dns support ? you could try it.

Advertisement