Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windows Installer Errors.

• 25-04-2011 9:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭

HI All

I need some help. I have tried to install 3 different programs and keeps coming up with windows errors. I have tried to update the windows installer & NET framework. Any idea on how to fix this or will I have to do a reinstall or windows :(

pinnacleerror.jpg + camtasiaerror.jpg + camtasiaerrordll.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭edber2011

hi there,i was getting an error 17 sumtin sumtin aswell and i cudnt uninstall programs.it didnt matter to me to just format and reinstall xp again.but i cudnt find any way of sorting that error.i know that im not of any help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Download and run the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility That should sort the issue and allow you to uninstall\install using the normal method.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Have a look here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

I tried both methods guys but it still not fix the problem. I guess it looks now like I will have to do a fresh install of Windows :(

What OS are you running?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement

Windows 7 64 bit

1. Start your computer in Safe mode. To do this, follow these steps:
    1. Restart the computer.
    2. After the BIOS information is displayed, press F8.
    3. Use the DOWN ARROW key to select Safe Mode, and then press ENTER.
    4. Use the UP ARROW key and the DOWN ARROW key to select your computer, and then press ENTER.
    2. Log on to the computer as local administrator.
    3. Click Start, click Run, type cmd.exe, and then click OK.
    4. At the command prompt, type msiexec /unregister , and then press ENTER.
    5. At the command prompt, type msiexec /regserver, and then press ENTER.
    6. At the command prompt, type exit, and then press ENTER to close the command prompt.
    7. Remove the software program from Add or Remove Programs.

1. Start your computer in Safe mode. To do this, follow these steps:
    1. Restart the computer.
    2. After the BIOS information is displayed, press F8.
    3. Use the DOWN ARROW key to select Safe Mode, and then press ENTER.
    4. Use the UP ARROW key and the DOWN ARROW key to select your computer, and then press ENTER.
    2. Log on to the computer as local administrator.
    3. Click Start, click Run, type cmd.exe, and then click OK.
    4. At the command prompt, type msiexec /unregister , and then press ENTER.
    5. At the command prompt, type msiexec /regserver, and then press ENTER.
    6. At the command prompt, type exit, and then press ENTER to close the command prompt.
    7. Remove the software program from Add or Remove Programs.

That was one of the 1st things I did.
    The problem with the programs is that they do not complete installing. It performs a "rollback" during installation .

Advertisement