Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Study

Options
  • 25-04-2011 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Leaving Cert in less than two months... any tips on how to force myself to study without making myself get bored of studying and actually learn something? :/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

cirx08 wrote: »
    Leaving Cert in less than two months... any tips on how to force myself to study without making myself get bored of studying and actually learn something? :/
    Listen to http://simplynoise.com/

White noise is surprisingly good for helping you to concentrate.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭cirx08

thanks... i'll try anything at this stage :L and i just found 12 hour long video of this on youtube :D

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

What..that's supposed to help you concentrate? It's sounds like an out of tune radio.:eek:

NotExactly wrote: »
    What..that's supposed to help you concentrate? It's sounds like an out of tune radio.:eek:
    It also sounds like running water and hundreds of other things...

It doesn't help you concentrate as such. It filters out noise and other sounds that could distract you.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

It filters out noise and other sounds that could distract you.

I find earplugs do the trick for me.

The oscillating brown noise is actually not bad though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭boogle

Didn't figure out how to study until I went to college :rolleyes:
    Don't just sit in a room staring at pages - totally pointless.
    Pick topics in 15 - 20 min chunks - that's all your attention span can handle at one time. So pick your chunk, read through and analyse what you're looking at. Then close book and jot down some points on the topic or jot out an exam question on it. See which parts have gaps in your knowledge and make note of them. Keep going back to your list of gaps in your knowledge until you can cross them off.

In between these 20 min bursts, get up and listen to some music or arse around for 5 or 10 mins, then get back to another chunk.

Best of luck!

NotExactly wrote: »
    I find earplugs do the trick for me.

The oscillating brown noise is actually not bad though.
    Closed Headphones with oscillating brown noise and you're in your own little world...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Exam Survival Kit

Just take it one day at a time, one topic of one subject at a time.
    Plan to study for the first two hours of your day during the hols, 4 if you're can.
    Get yourself sorted with a drink and snacks before you start.
    Start with the subject you dread the most - you learn best when you're fresh and you'll feel great when its out of the way.
    Use exam papers - get you used to the format - and seriously attempt a question. Then go back to the textbooks to find the missing info.

The great thing is, it's not a competition - have a think about what you want to do next year, that's your target - and there are so many ways of getting there if you don't get your first choice. The LC is just a stepping stone.

Good luck!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭cirx08

ok thanks everyone this really helped especially the white noise it really does block out the distractions and helps me concentrate...

Advertisement