Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl bakery in Dublin?

Options
  • 25-04-2011 9:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi there,

my friend checked out the Lidl bakery products here in Galway, loves them but lives in Dublin. She says she couldn't get a Lidl with bakery neither in Clondalkin nor in Maynooth, where she studies.

Does anybody know where there's Lidls with bakeries close to those areas?

Any advice appreciated. Many thanks!

S.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭havana

The only one I know of is on cork street, Dublin 8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 901 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover_53

One in Blanchardstown, Blakestown to be precise 5 minutes walk from Blanchardstown Center, there is no bakery in the one in the West End Retail Park.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

There is one in LIDL Fonthill Road, which I would call Clondalkin, though many would call it Lucan.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

sugarman wrote: »
    Theres one in Tallaght village, bit of a trip from Clondalkin tho.

Also the one on Rathmines Rd Lwr have a bakery, aswell as the Lidl on the corner of Moore St. / Parnell st.

Clondalkin is actually quite close to Tallaght (just two stops on the M50). Just to clarify, the Lidl is not in the village at all and is opposite Tallaght Stadium/Shamrock Rovers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Gingersnaps

There is also a bakery in the Lidl in Cherryorchard Ballyfermot. Close enough to part of Clondalkin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭sean_d

Tabnabs wrote: »
    Clondalkin is actually quite close to Tallaght (just two stops on the M50). Just to clarify, the Lidl is not in the village at all and is opposite Tallaght Stadium/Shamrock Rovers.

There is another one in the village, near the junction with the Greenhills road; it too has a bakery.
    The Fonthill Road one is probably handier for the OP though, or if near the Red Cow, a short trip on the Luas to Kylemore and Walkinstown Avenue might be worthwhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

There's a Lidl with a bakery on Cork Street, as Monty Burns would say, excellent :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

There's one in the Lidl in clondalkin on the nangor road. Works were finishing off last week so I'd imagine it will be open any day now if not open already

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Never seen one of these,, what different breads do they make

• Registered Users Posts: 43 greenasil

Won't be much help for your friend, OP, but the one on Moore St in Dublin City has a bakery.
    Love the smell in the mornings, especially :-)

Davy,
    They do a decent variety at the Moore St store. Crusty rolls, seed rolls, several different loaf breads (whole, or sliced in the in-store slicer), apple lattices, pan au raisin, croissants, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Oh the stuff from the bakery is lovely! And I love that there's a loaf-slicing machine, very nice touch.

The Lidl on the Fonthill Road has had a bakery section for weeks now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 oncebitten

Have to give a big thumbs up to the one in Cork Street. The bread and pastries are divine - far superior to Superquinn in my opinion and they're about half the price - Danishes are only about 60 cent and are waaay nicer than those Cuisine de France ones you get everywhere else.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Rathmines has one... bit of a hike though.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Parnell Street seems to have fresh bread, never been in but it always smells like a bakery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

Lidl Rathfarnham now have one too i believe. I had some the other day and it was honestly delish!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 17 chickenrun2011

One in Blanchardstown, Blakestown to be precise 5 minutes walk from Blanchardstown Center, there is no bakery in the one in the West End Retail Park.

Where is that exactly? Could you give me directions?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Parnell Street seems to have fresh bread, never been in but it always smells like a bakery.
    It does, but it's just a few doors up from a lovely genuine French bakery, so if you're in the area try both and decide for yourself. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 901 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover_53

Where is that exactly? Could you give me directions?

53.396063,-6.400267

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Copy & paste that into Google Maps if this link don't work

LIDL Blakestown

The 39 bus from City Center to Ongar will drop you right outside this Lidl.

From TGI Fridays/Leisureplex walk toward The Banana Tree, Xtravision & McDonalds Drive-Thru

Walk past these along the Millenium Park railings until you get to a busy Roundabout.

Cross the road in the same direction you are travelling you should see it from the roundabout.

No more than a straight 10 minute walk from TGI Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Nevore wrote: »
    It does, but it's just a few doors up from a lovely genuine French bakery, so if you're in the area try both and decide for yourself. :)
    The French bakery is much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

The French bakery is much better.
    Oh, I know. But people will appreciate it more after trying lidl. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

I will have to try the French Bakery, bad timing as I am trying to cut down!

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Redlion

They're building one onto the side of the Walkinstown branch :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

The Lidl in Clondalkin has one now anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 17 triplesuck

If anyone interested, now Lidl in Tyrrellstown opened bakery one or two weeks ago ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

One open in Glasnevin now too.

Advertisement