Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legacy of Kain

• 25-04-2011 10:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,116 ✭✭✭✭

Seeing as the trend lately seems to be to re-release older games with a HD makeover, the one series which hasn't seen it, but needs it, is the Legacy of Kain series. If they re-release this , i will murder to be the first to get it. No other game series has brought me the love i have for gaming than this. It was the first series of games that i played that made me feel like i was in an interactive book. The voice acting was superb, the story was immense, and the character progression was fantastic. I want this series re-released!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

omg I had that on the playstation all those years ago! :D

the music was amazing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

"Rahzel................" I'll never forget that deep booming voice.

You're right though. If ever there was a game that deserved a re-make it's this. I haven't played any prequels\sequels so I can't vouch for them, but this was immersion to the highest form. The story, characters and gameplay were perfect. Agh I think I'll break out the 'ol ps1 just for this. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,116 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

chin_grin wrote: »
    "Rahzel................" I'll never forget that deep booming voice.

You're right though. If ever there was a game that deserved a re-make it's this. I haven't played any prequels\sequels so I can't vouch for them, but this was immersion to the highest form. The story, characters and gameplay were perfect. Agh I think I'll break out the 'ol ps1 just for this. :pac:

*Raziel*

The only one i haven't played is Lecagy of Kain: Blood Omen. It was a top down game and i was too high and mightly with my PS1 to be playing top down games anymore! :P

But, if you;ve only played Soul Reaver, you need to get yourself Soul Reaver 2 and Defiance. They are the just as good as Soul Reaver. Blood Omen 2 fairly good in it's own right, but doesn't match Soul Reaver 1/2 or Defiance.
    Links234 wrote: »
    omg I had that on the playstation all those years ago! :D

the music was amazing!

Here ya go!

Linky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

*Raziel*

Ah, yeah that was it! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Only played SR1 back in the day, but picked up Blood Omen on the US PSN last year. Great game, the voice work is superb, the guy that voiced Kain gave him the perfect level of disdain for all life...as ya need :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

I only ever played Soul Reaver 2 and Blood Omen 2.

Absolutely loved SR2, wasn't as mad on BO2. But SR2 is a truly amazing game. The story and voice acting are fantastic.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,542 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Used to love SR1, only rented the sequel but remember being disappointed with it, years ago now though!

Always loved the hub world, with new areas unlocking as you gained more items. Obviously in plenty of other games, but one of the first times I'd played a 3D game of that type!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

I had downloaded Soul Reaver from the US PSN store ages ago but only sat down to play it recently. I called my 11 year old son in to show him and explained that I had originally bought the game for the PS1 when he was in hospital after being born!

I expected some kind of "wow, that's awesome" response.....

What I got was, "God, how did play games back then with such crap graphics?"

Bloody smart arse......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Only played blood omen 2 and defiance , both on the xbox and I absolutely loved blood omen 2. would love if the series was redone in hd.

smooch71 wrote: »
    I had downloaded Soul Reaver from the US PSN store ages ago ......

Any idea if thats still up there? Wouldn't mind downloading it, if i can't find my original copy...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

sure the last game's ending still gives us a little to hold onto for a sequel of some sort heres hoping:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Any idea if thats still up there? Wouldn't mind downloading it, if i can't find my original copy...

It's still there alright.

LoK was great series, aside from BO2. The first two are my favourites; BO was one of the first games I played with decent voice acting and SR is just great in every department.

I remember there was loads of stuff cut out of SR, but I didn't know about it. I looked for the Priestess and Turel for ages! Details:

http://www.thelostworlds.net/SR1/index.html

Mr. K wrote: »
    It's still there alright.

LoK was great series, aside from BO2. The first two are my favourites; BO was one of the first games I played with decent voice acting and SR is just great in every department.

I remember there was loads of stuff cut out of SR, but I didn't know about it. I looked for the Priestess and Turel for ages! Details:

http://www.thelostworlds.net/SR1/index.html

Think i may have to go back and play all of them in order!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

Sure is. And Blood Omen too from what I can remember

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Played the original Blood Omen on the PC, great game, tried soul reaver but I found the controls sluggish on the pc, tried blood omen 2 but the controls and camera were terrible.

D wrote: »
    Played the original Blood Omen on the PC, great game, tried soul reaver but I found the controls sluggish on the pc, tried blood omen 2 but the controls and camera were terrible.

Shoul've stuck with them, best series ever imo. The story is just perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

Theres a HD fan remake of Blood omen in the works, the first few levels are up for download, sorry ive no links but a google will find it for you. Ive had it sitting on my pc for months and never tried it tho.

If they did remake the games tho soulr eaver would need a major overhaul. It was a great game for its time, but i dont think time has been to kind to its pretty basic combat and extreme over reliance on block puzzles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Theres a HD fan remake of Blood omen in the works, the first few levels are up for download, sorry ive no links but a google will find it for you. Ive had it sitting on my pc for months and never tried it tho.

If they did remake the games tho soulr eaver would need a major overhaul. It was a great game for its time, but i dont think time has been to kind to its pretty basic combat and extreme over reliance on block puzzles.

cant find it,links or gtfo:P

If they put it the same way Defiance was there woulndn't be a problem there! But they could make a polished-but-no-other-way-different version i would still buy it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Looks like there *may* be a remake on the horizon...

Survey points to Legacy of Kain revival.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,063 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Remake or revival? I'd love to see a new game in the series. A remake on the other hand I couldn't care less about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Cool, yea I got SR1 off the PSN recently to play on the psp. Brought back a lotta memories. Used to love this game when it came out first. Had seen friends playing Blood Omen but never got a play through myself. Must pick up SR2 if I can. A remake or a new addition to the series would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭shayno90

LOK followers have been speaking about a new game for nearly 7 years now with the death of Tony Jay who voiced the elder god and and the woman who voiced the spectral ghost, it has halted any moves for a new game.

However the new CEO of Eidos hinted at a remake of these legacy games and they are developing other franchises other than Tomb Raider so they may be some hope of new LOK release.

http://www.vg247.com/2011/03/29/former-visceral-staffer-to-lead-new-crystal-dynamics-team/

The above might point towards this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭spider guardian

played soul reaver 1 on the dreamcast and the rest on PS2 (including the original Blood Omen!), great games, great story even if it did get convoluted at times with all the time travel and whatnot. don't get to see too many action/adventures these days so a remake would be most welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭shayno90

Still no movement on dealing a new LOK game as taken from a Tomb Raider forum on Eidos:

"
    KS: “I can’t answer that because we’re not working on a Legacy of Kain game. The studio is focused on our three projects at the moment. One is Tomb Raider as you know, and the other two are new IP. Again, we’re not working on a Legacy of Kain game here at Crystal Dynamics.” "

They are protective of their IP rights and should they wish to create a new game they they would wish to keep it in-house and not let another game developer attempt to do so.

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=76670&page=25

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

Here ya go!

Linky

Bless you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭luckyfrank

Only played SR1 and i loved it to bits in my top 5 games of all time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Looks like Square Enix registered the domain WarForNosgoth.com. Sounds like a new game and not just a HD remake.

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/46775/legacy-of-kain-domain-registered-by-square-enix

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Looks like Square Enix registered the domain WarForNosgoth.com. Sounds like a new game and not just a HD remake.

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/46775/legacy-of-kain-domain-registered-by-square-enix
    I assumed it was common knowledge that a reboot was in development?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

gizmo wrote: »
    I assumed it was common knowledge that a reboot was in development?

I didn't know if it was a reboot, new entry or what but it was quiet for a while and now we have a website hhhmmmm

Advertisement