Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ross Sat.

• 25-04-2011 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭

Im trying to set a satellite dish to astro/euro 1 ....with little success.
    I have found loads of German channels, some French a bit of Russia .
    Am I anyway close to the english channels. I have a little meter which gives out a high pitch tone when I get near a signal but what signal.

Any ideas

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,989 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Am I anyway close to the english channels. I have a little meter which gives out a high pitch tone when I get near a signal but what signal.

Any ideas

You need to be clear what your after.
    From your post it reads as if you are after astra 1, which give the fact you have mainly german channels I'd say you are on.
    But I'm going to assume you want astra 2/Eurobird 1 ???
    If thats the case you need to aim your dish further left(as you look at it from behind) put in ur address on www.dishpointer.com to get a better idea of where to point your dish.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Premier

Any ideas
    Yes you are very close, your finding astra1 @ 19 deg east at the mo( most likely), check on your receiver, in fact make it a little easier for you, bring a portable tv and your receiver outdoors if you can and set the receiver to astra2/eurobird1, from where the dish is pointing at the moment lower it a few degrees at a time and to the left very slowley until you see the signal rise on the tv graph, you will have signal and quality readings, the quality is the important one to peak, Trial and error will get you there eventualy, small ajustments at a time,

Oh yes and with the dish you will have to adjust the "Skew" make sure the lnb is about 7 o'clock, slowly turn it when you have signal lock to fine tune it.
    [IMG][/IMG]

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭cosmowillie53

Thanks for the info. I was following the book instructions for elevation at 15' but it is actually more like 0'.
    Again tks.

Advertisement