Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Piss Poor; Killiney area, intermittent connection

• 25-04-2011 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭

I have received little advice on this issue from Eircom from a customer service rep who condescendingly told me that the problem was on my end and there was nothing they could do about it.

I haven't a clue where to begin identifying what exactly could be causing my connection to cut out every 1 - 10 minutes, and I was almost prepared to accept that it was 'all my fault' until I read of people who had been having the exact same problem as I was.

There are days at a time where I go without these disconnects occuring; today isn't one of them though, and I thought I'd check here before I ring Eircom again about the problem.

Does anyone else have a similar issue?

Would there be anyone who might have any idea as to what the problem could be?

Many thanks.

v

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 319 ✭✭java

What do you mean by "connection cutting out" - is it the bb modem that is disconnecting? Or is it your computer?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭SamandFrank

Something simpler happened to my old Natopia router. Try resetting the router. If that doesn’t help replace the router. Also unplug anything from the line like a sky box. Cordless telephone. And check the filters. before replacing the router.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Line stats? Are you using a wireless network?

Advertisement