Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post your favourite Hip Hop BANDS

• 25-04-2011 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭

Im wanting to check out more hip hop groups who play and record with live instrumentation, so drop some of your favourites in here.

I'd expect to see The Roots appear alot but I'll kick it off with a band im feeling at the minute called No Bird Sing;

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭novarock

not quite Hip Hop, but you should check out an irish band called Noise Control..

Seriously top class live..

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I've started listenung to No Bird Sing recently myself, found them when I was looking up Kristof Krane stuff.

Amosphere's last 2 albums have been mostly recorded with proper instruments.

I also stumbled accross Recess recently, the sound pretty tight:

Free EP is here -> http://www.2dopeboyz.com/2011/03/10/sene-the-clubhouse-are-recess-freep/

You could also check out Kill The Vultures.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

^^ Thanks man, sounds good, Downloading the EP now :D

Yeah Im a huge Atmosphere fan and love the new direction their music is heading. I think their new album is great. Kill The Vultures are good too!

Cheers

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

There is also another band called Roma Di Luna that ties in with No Bird Sing and Kill The Vultures, no rapping but pretty good music. Some of the musicians from No Bird Sing and Cresent Moon from KTV are in Roma Di Luna, with Cresent Moons wife singing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

Yes indeed. I've heard a few of their tracks on their myspace a while back. I like crescent moon, have some Oddjobs stuff which is good too.

How can I forget to mention Face Candy, Eyedeas freestlye band with Kristoff Krane and others.

This is from their new disc coming out in May. I think I read this may be the last Eyedea material apart from some really early stuff with Abillities that his mum is releasing soon. I could be wrong tho, infact I hope I am.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Eyedea also has some solo non hip hip stuff as well which is interesting. Looking forward to the new Face Candy as well.

Here is another band i forgot to mention earlier, Young Blood Brass Band

Advertisement