Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

electric shower

Options
  • 25-04-2011 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭

neighbours shower is only running extremely hot or extremely cold,which is leading me to believe its knackered,gonna check filter etc tomorrow,just wondering what my options are in terms of replacing,its a MIRA ELITE 2 and its around 8yrs old,any reccomendations and prices appreciated
    cheers guys

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

check head filter and pressure anyhow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Is it getting too hot to get into, or just the heat is normal temperature but is going on and off? If this is the case it could be a connection problem or faulty overheat cutout etc within the shower on the elements circuit.

If its getting too hot then possibly a water flow problem, clogged filter, clogged shower head with scale, heating tank clogged with scale, these are some of the possibilities among others. All assuming the pump is working, i think that shower has a pump in it.

You could try running it without the shower head on it and see what the temperature is like from the hose with no head on it.

The water temerature is based on the water flow rate through the shower, so if the shower head or filter were clogged for example, the water flow rate would be low, and the water temp would go too high, and after a minute or 2 might trip the overheat cutout which disconnects the elements, then it cools down with water still flowing, and so elements come back on. This cycle repeats itself if this is whats happening.

Anyone experienced with showers would know if the water flow rate is the problem and check the reasons for it. Or if its the connection problem where the temperature is normal but going on and off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

sure you don't know anthing about showers:D

Shhh dont be tellin everyone:pac:

I dont know much about reading either as i just noticed now the OP said its going extremely hot then cold:D

So its a water flow problem by the look of it, for one of the reasons mentioned probably.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

we had the same problem

we just got a new one

it was shagged .. the new one stays HOT.

bloody mira showers totally over rated

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

we had the same problem

we just got a new one

it was shagged .. the new one stays HOT.

bloody mira showers totally over rated

how much did it cost you to get someone to take old one out and put new one in??? electrician or plumber???

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

If an electric pumped shower runs hot or cold its usually down to a pressure drop. As the pumped electric shower does not require a head of pressure this indicates either a blocked filter(on the right inside the shower) or a blocked shower head ( soak it overnight in clear vinager /water)

More of a flow rate drop rather than a pressure drop if the head is blocked up which actually increases the pressure in the shower but check the head first anyway, it would be a shame to change a whole shower if its just the shower head scaled up, or the filter clogged, although the filter blocked seems rare enough unless the attic tank has been disturbed in some way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭maxamillius

she wants the shower replaced lads,so just gonna do that,thanks for all the help,learn somethin new everyday eh!anyone know a decent place to get mira showers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭sky6

I bought one Mira st recently in Bitches and Queers and found them to be the cheapest. It was priced at 240E but with there recent 15% discount it worked out at 200E approx.

Advertisement