Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some C&C From You All....

• 26-04-2011 12:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭

I've never done this before. I'm going to upload my architecture only for your beady eyes.

pier___fine_art_by_sic_side_fx-d3cjsdd.jpg

glass_tower_by_sic_side_fx-d3cl3c9.jpg

nuig_engineering_by_sic_side_fx-d3evdx3.jpg

That's the lot of it I guess. Got my first camera this year and I'm loving it so far. A great break from art I suppose!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Telchak

I think the gradient from black to white in the first one is a bit too strong and smooth. Really just looks like black to white gradient tool pulled from the bottom to top without any real effort put into making it look somewhat real :(

Other two are fantastic though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭BlastedGlute

Your bang on with that first one. I was going to leave it out, but its a good idea to put up all of my stuff in that vein so far. If I was to do that again, I'd take the picture better to begin with and I'd defo go a lot shallower with the gradient like you said! Thanks a lot for the comment! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Telchak

...If I was to do that again, I'd take the picture better to begin with...

Don't get me wrong, I like the composition of the photo. It has a nice symmetry and peace about it. Really, the gradient is the only issue :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

maybe its my eyes but is there a slight blue tint in the third image

composition is fairly decent in all the images - ....the gradient is really obvious (after revisiting the image following the other comments) - personally I'd crop it into an upright and get the symmetry without the distracting buoy thingy on the left.

sky/background in all the images are ....dare I say it ... too clean !! (for me)

Thanks a lot pcphoto! Yeah the gradient is glaring alright. As I said above, if I was to revisit the image I would shoot it differently to begin with, allowing for a more stretched to the horizon kind of look. There is indeed a blue tint in the glass at the end. I didn't saturate it fully. Thanks very much for the comments, this is a great way to get feedback should have done it sooner :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

PCPhoto wrote: »
    personally I'd crop it into an upright and get the symmetry without the distracting buoy thingy on the left.
    but then you'd lose the symmetry of the buoy thingy on the right...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

I like them! What's the gradient, is it artificial from the shop, or was it naturally there? I like it either way :)

Are they in Galway? 2nd looks like the building across from the Cathedral?

No I'm atria there was actually a big boat there, the gradient is fake :( and the more I look at it and discuss it here the more I hate it!!!! :'( I don't know what I was thinking making it so dark. All of these are in Galway alright, the second one is the building on the corner of the block, across from the pile of scrap metal on the docks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Ah yes, I know it! Well not too worry, you can always reshoot :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

Super images, I love #1 & #3. The processing and B&W conversion is super, really like the style!

• Advertisement

thanks very much folks! My portfolio is over here by the way if anyone is interested. I highly recommend deviant art for the free portfolio like the one I have here, you cant go wrong. simplistic and effective!

http://sicsidefx.daportfolio.com/

Advertisement