Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Return of the Messiah

Options
  • 26-04-2011 1:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭

Certainly wasn't a Messiah but it had a nice ring to it. :p

Anyway, after a dreadful end to a somewhat profitable thread I have decided to give this another go.

Hopefully the fresh start will generate some luck, I am currently working on something for the weekend which should be up in the next few days.

Glad to see some old faces and new profitable logs, long may it continue fellow gamblers :)

Denners

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Denners.ie wrote: »
    Certainly wasn't a Messiah but it had a nice ring to it. :p

Anyway, after a dreadful end to a somewhat profitable thread I have decided to give this another go.

Hopefully the fresh start will generate some luck, I am currently working on something for the weekend which should be up in the next few days.

Glad to see some old faces and new profitable logs, long may it continue fellow gamblers :)

Denners

Coughlan? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Denners.ie

Doocey wrote: »
    Coughlan? :eek:

Ah jaysus Doocey don't curse the log already :rolleyes:

And just so there is no misunderstanding no I'm not Coughlan! http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055899311

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Good luck Denners.
    Why the new account?

Thanks greetings/Urban Sea, good to see your still around and making a bit of coin for yourself. :)

I just wanted to start fresh and keep this account for the log, hopefully it will bring some luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Fair enough my dear fellow. Hopefully there's a few quid to be earned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭quiz

So whats your previous account name?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Denners!

Thanks Mike.

Pyro can cross-reference the IP's for those of you that think I'm Coughlan :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

You can spell and use punctuation, therefore you definitely aren't Coughlan!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

You can spelt and use punctuation, therefore you definitely aren't Coughlan!:D

Oh he can spelt alright

:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

jive wrote: »
    Oh he can spelt alright

:P
    It's spell not spelt :S ?

Look at my edit reason btw! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

It's spell not spelt :S ?

Look at my edit reason btw! ;)

:pac: All the banter comes out in Coughlan threads!! We welcome your return Coughlan08!!

jive wrote: »
    :pac: All the banter comes out in Coughlan threads!! We welcome your return Coughlan08!!

Not even a bet placed and there is already vicious rumours circulating over my identity :pac:

Serious craic all the same :D

(Edit) I have given my OP the seal of approval for the naysayers ;)

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Welcome back mate. Glad to have you here again. No more Cygnet's I hope! :pac:

x PyRo wrote: »
    Welcome back mate. Glad to have you here again. No more Cygnet's I hope! :pac:

Thanks Pyro.

Ah for every Cygnet there is a Canford Cliffs :pac: On that note it should be interesting if he comes up against Goldikova sometime this year.

Alright gentlemen it is time to start making some coin. :)

I thought I would have a few bets for the weekend but it is proving to be more difficult than I thought, might have 1 or 2 for tomorrow.

Anyway, just something small for today.

Perth, 17:10 -Trendelenburg (5/4)

There is a question mark over the distance and ground, but I can't see any real danger in the field. A lot of horses with question marks surrounding them but if this fella takes well to the conditions he is definitely the one to beat.

Bank: €100

Stake: €10

Only pennies but it was nice to start off with a winner :) Great ride by Callum Whillans.

However, my previous log started off well but ended disastrously, hopefully the omens aren't bad for this one :pac:

Bank: €112.50

Not enough value in what I was initially planning so I have decided to steer clear. Just a treble at the moment.

Jose Aldo
    Lyoto Machida
    Jake Ellenberger

Works out at just under 6/4.

Stake: €50

John Higgins (6/4 In-running)

Only took it around 3/4 minutes ago and it has gone into 11/10 now.

Bank: €62.50

Stake: €12.50

16:55 Newbury, Cai Shen (4/1)

Hamlool's 2nd to Dubawi Gold looks solid after his run earlier in the Guineas but this fella has an impressive turn of foot. Not sure how good he is but HAnnon and Hughes are lethal here.

Bank: €50

Stake: €5 e/w

• Advertisement

16:55 Newbury, Cai Shen (4/1)

Hamlool's 2nd to Dubawi Gold looks solid after his run earlier in the Guineas but this fella has an impressive turn of foot. Not sure how good he is but HAnnon and Hughes are lethal here.

Stake: €5 e/w

Was beaten by a Godolphin and better horse, 2nd. E/w @ 4/1 got my money back.

John Higgins (6/4 In-running)

Only took it around 3/4 minutes ago and it has gone into 11/10 now.

Bank: €62.50

Stake: €12.50

Win

Bank: €81.25

Already have €50 in-play so just a very small bet on Lyoto Machida to win on points or KO. (4/7)

Bank: € 81.25

Stake: € 11.25

Your betting above a full kelly stake.

even if every bet you place has value you will lose in the long run. It may be the reason for the end of the last log.

how do you find pricing up multiple sports?

quiz wrote: »
    Your betting above a full kelly stake.

even if every bet you place has value you will lose in the long run. It may be the reason for the end of the last log.

how do you find pricing up multiple sports?

Nice to see my log will lose in the long run, cheers for the heads up.

I take my bets on confidence really, if you want me to explain all my bets in detail so far I can.

I think the the reason my last log ended was because I bet everything on one event, up until that I think I was around 300% + up on my initial bank.

Not enough value in what I was initially planning so I have decided to steer clear. Just a treble at the moment.

Jose Aldo
    Lyoto Machida
    Jake Ellenberger

Works out at just under 6/4.

Stake: €50

Win
    Already have €50 in-play so just a very small bet on Lyoto Machida to win on points or KO. (4/7)

Bank: € 81.25

Stake: € 11.25

Win

A good 2 days really, have already turned over 100% profit on my initial bank.

No. of Bets Placed: 5
    Win: 4
    Push: 1 ( Second place horse e/w, money returned)
    Lose: 0
    Profit: €109.49 +

Bank: €209.49

Its not my personal opinion. Its the maths. Google kelly criterion.

quiz wrote: »
    Its not my personal opinion. Its the maths. Google kelly criterion.

You obviously haven't heard of the Denners' Special which consists of making as much money as possible ;)

Good luck.

prebook the ferrari now as the waiting lists are long.

• Advertisement

Punchestown 18:40, Quel Esprit (10/3)

Seems like a very open day of racing at the festival and it is the same in this race, however after seeing how well he was travelling at Cheltenham it could be that the 3m 1f is what this horse needs. His jumping is dodgy at times and he fell in his two previous runs, but with PP refunding all losing bets on horses who fall this is worth a shot.

Bank: €200

Stake: €9.49

Advertisement