Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Return of the Messiah

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Denners.ie

Denners.ie wrote: »
    Punchestown 18:40, Quel Esprit (10/3)

Seems like a very open day of racing at the festival and it is the same in this race, however after seeing how well he was travelling at Cheltenham it could be that the 3m 1f is what this horse needs. His jumping is dodgy at times and he fell in his two previous runs, but with PP refunding all losing bets on horses who fall this is worth a shot.

Bank: €200

Stake: €9.49
    Push

Couldn't stay on his feet but the refund from PP was well worth the chance.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

* I have decided to withdraw €101 to ensure that everything in my current bank is profit.

Bank: €209.49 (withdrawal of €101) = €108.49

Real Madrid (+1) In-running (4/7)

Was going to take this at 9/2 just before they scored but although they are capable I don't think Barca will score 2 goals.

Stake: €18.49

Real Madrid (+1) In-running (4/7)

Was going to take this at 9/2 just before they scored but although they are capable I don't think Barca will score 2 goals.

Stake: €18.49

Win

Bank: €119.06

16:55 Punchestown, Mossey Joe (7/1)

Form is good for this horse with his only loss coming 12 1/2 lengths to Mourad on ground that didn't suit. A friend is really sweet on this fella and has told me about him before, he feels the step down to novice company is well within his grasp. I actually had him on ante post for the Albert Bartlett but owners decided to skip it after not impressing at Christmas and actually pulled him from the stable. Hopefully he will give a good account of himself tomorrow, a lot of confidence for this horse is what I am told.

Stake: €14.53 E/W

16:55 Punchestown, Mossey Joe (7/1)

Form is good for this horse with his only loss coming 12 1/2 lengths to Mourad on ground that didn't suit. A friend is really sweet on this fella and has told me about him before, he feels the step down to novice company is well within his grasp. I actually had him on ante post for the Albert Bartlett but owners decided to skip it after not impressing at Christmas and actually pulled him from the stable. Hopefully he will give a good account of himself tomorrow, a lot of confidence for this horse is what I am told.

Stake: €14.53 E/W

Ran really well after pulling hard for a circuit but was beaten by a 33/1 shot. Gutted.:(

I didn't think Paul Carberry was too hard on him either but I will get him next time on good ground. Today was definitely one that got away though with him drifting to 10/1 and going off 9/1.

Bank: €130.68

17:30 Punchestown, Quevega (10/11)

If Mossey Joe had won earlier a big lump would be going on this mare. Beautiful animal who will definitely take all the beating tomorrow, can't believe she is 10/11 and evens which will probably take a drop when backers get on the Walsh/Mullins combination. If she turns up in good form I can't see anything to trouble her, Mourad should run well but very confident about this mare.

Stake: €50.68

• Advertisement

17:30 Punchestown, Quevega
    18:40 Punchestown, Captain Chris

Captain Chris has been heavily campaigned this season but I just don't feel there is anything good enough in the field to take him on. Has been steadily improving and stays well, the ground will suit also.

Double (9/4)

Bank: €80 (€50 In-play)

Stake: €30

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭turbobaby

Going well... Keep it up!

17:30 Punchestown, Quevega (10/11)

If Mossey Joe had won earlier a big lump would be going on this mare. Beautiful animal who will definitely take all the beating tomorrow, can't believe she is 10/11 and evens which will probably take a drop when backers get on the Walsh/Mullins combination. If she turns up in good form I can't see anything to trouble her, Mourad should run well but very confident about this mare.

Stake: €50.68

Win

Love that horse, went as I thought, Mourad put in a good performance but just couldn't get her. She battered the last but Ruby didn't even need to have a clip at her, wonderful mare.

Bank: €146.75 (€30 in-play)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭fkiely

Nice two winners there. Was on the 9/4 myself, thought it was a steal.

Keep up the good work, glad to see it's going well.

fkiely wrote: »
    Nice two winners there. Was on the 9/4 myself, thought it was a steal.

Keep up the good work, glad to see it's going well.

Thanks, ya was a fabulous price really.
    17:30 Punchestown, Quevega
    18:40 Punchestown, Captain Chris

Captain Chris has been heavily campaigned this season but I just don't feel there is anything good enough in the field to take him on. Has been steadily improving and stays well, the ground will suit also.

Double (9/4)

Bank: €80 (€50 In-play)

Stake: €30

Win

Bank: €247.39

No.of bets placed: 5 (10 in total)
    Win: 3
    Push: 2 (Quel Esprit money back special, Mossey Joe 2nd)
    Lose: 0
    Profit: €247.39 (+247.39%)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭markc91

Thats some great form you're in man, good to see. Keep it up!! :D

Only getting this up late as was at Punchestown yesterday.

16:25 Punchestown, Grandouet (7/2)

I saw him at 7/2 last night and couldn't let that go. Unaccompanied is the favourite and came 2nd in Cheltenham, a place ahead of this fella, when both lost to Zarkander. Grandouet came on for that run and looked to be cruising at Aintree when he was brought down at the last, if he had stayed up and beat Zarkander that day he would probably be favourite. Unaccompanied beat an unfit St. Nicholas Abbey and is a good horse, but at 5/6 I wouldn't touch him. Hopefully the flatter track at Punchestown won't be as testing as the hill and Grandouet is definitely worth a shot at 7/2.

Stake: €27.39

Only getting this up late as was at Punchestown yesterday.

16:25 Punchestown, Grandouet (7/2)

I saw him at 7/2 last night and couldn't let that go. Unaccompanied is the favourite and came 2nd in Cheltenham, a place ahead of this fella, when both lost to Zarkander. Grandouet came on for that run and looked to be cruising at Aintree when he was brought down at the last, if he had stayed up and beat Zarkander that day he would probably be favourite. Unaccompanied beat an unfit St. Nicholas Abbey and is a good horse, but at 5/6 I wouldn't touch him. Hopefully the flatter track at Punchestown won't be as testing as the hill and Grandouet is definitely worth a shot at 7/2.

Stake: €27.39

Right to the plan, great performance. Flatter tracks definitely suit him better and looking forward to seeing him next year whatever they decide. Probably one of the craziest prices I've seen for a horse with that much quality in awhile.

Bank: €343.26

Manny Pacquiao to win by KO/TKO (8/13)

Mosley has never been stopped but I'm hoping the speed and volume of Pacquiao will overwhelm him around rounds 8/9/10.

Stake: €23.26

Manny Pacquiao to win by KO/TKO (8/13)

Mosley has never been stopped but I'm hoping the speed and volume of Pacquiao will overwhelm him around rounds 8/9/10.

Stake: €23.26

Lose

Had to happen at sometime. Very poor fight, Mosley was happy to just stay the distance and Pacquiao's intensity and volume was terrible. A poor game of cat and mouse.

Bank: €320

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Right to the plan, great performance. Flatter tracks definitely suit him better and looking forward to seeing him next year whatever they decide. Probably one of the craziest prices I've seen for a horse with that much quality in awhile.

Too true, A real rare c0ck up from the bookies. Had 50 on at 7/2 and a 30 double with beautiful sound.. It's a cruel game sometimes.

Keep up the good work with the log your doing great.

baraca wrote: »
    Too true, A real rare c0ck up from the bookies. Had 50 on at 7/2 and a 30 double with beautiful sound.. It's a cruel game sometimes.

Keep up the good work with the log your doing great.

Cheers Baraca.

Ya was a great price, if I had had a clear head I should have gone back in again but was still a bit shook from Punchestown on Friday :).

I wouldn't have been overly impressed with Russell on Beautiful Sound, the horses best form was on soft and heavy ground and he pulled him extremely wide giving away lengths onto better ground that was fresh, a strange one.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

20:00 Fulham v Liverpool, Liverpool Draw no Bet (4/5)

Fulham are a good side at home and will be tough to beat but there seems to be some value in Liverpool at this price. Carroll is omitted but Liverpool will be looking to win to get a lead on Tottenham for 5th place. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a draw but I'm willing to take the chance at 4/5.

Stake: €50

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭LightningBlue

Looks like the Liverpool bet is safe after 10 mins. Good shout man.

Score after 10 mins: Fulham 0 - 2 Liverpool (Maxi Rodriguez 1' ,7' )

Christ what is wrong with Fulham tonight its 3-0 to Liverpool now!
    Kuyt the goalscorer

Final Score: Fulham 2 - Liverpool 5

Christ what is wrong with Fulham tonight its 3-0 to Liverpool now!
    Kuyt the goalscorer

Final Score: Fulham 2 - Liverpool 5

Thought it would be more difficult than that for Liverpool tbh. Was one of the more enjoyable bets I've had all the same :).
    20:00 Fulham v Liverpool, Liverpool Draw no Bet (4/5)

Fulham are a good side at home and will be tough to beat but there seems to be some value in Liverpool at this price. Carroll is omitted but Liverpool will be looking to win to get a lead on Tottenham for 5th place. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a draw but I'm willing to take the chance at 4/5.

Stake: €50

Win

Nice to get back to winning ways.

Bank: €360

• Advertisement

Boston Celtics v Miami Heat, Miami Heat (4/5)

I won't pretend to have the best knowledge of basketball but watched the previous games of this series and feel this is a good thing. This is on in Boston but with their main star Rondo nursing a dislocated elbow his effectiveness will be limited. Heat will be looking to take this game to make it 3-1, hopefully the 3 big lads will up their game and take this series back to Miami for the decider.

Stake: €25

Boston Celtics v Miami Heat, Miami Heat (4/5)

I won't pretend to have the best knowledge of basketball but watched the previous games of this series and feel this is a good thing. This is on in Boston but with their main star Rondo nursing a dislocated elbow his effectiveness will be limited. Heat will be looking to take this game to make it 3-1, hopefully the 3 big lads will up their game and take this series back to Miami for the decider.

Stake: €25

Win

Heat win in overtime after Celtics missed a basket to win it in normal time. Exchange rates were ridiculous at times, never seen anything like it.

Bank: €380

Any thoughts on Julio Baptista (The Beast) scoring anytime v Sporting Gijon?

He's scored 6 in his last 4 games and is 6/4 to score anytime.

Malaga have also won 83% of games in which he's scored. (since joining in January from Roma)

Baptista Scored First - Malaga win 2-0

The stats don't lie.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bonescap

Malaga have also won 83% of games in which he's scored. (since joining in January from Roma)

Hope you made the bet, baptista scored in the 9th minute

Just as I was typing he has scored so hope you got on.:)

I don't know enough about La Liga but it would be dependent on how bad Sporting Gijon are. If they are capable of conceding 3+ goals then it would be worth a bet. (obviously is now as he scored :))

I saw some talk of it earlier in this thread aswell, might be relevent for your future bets - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055638636

Thanks man had a tenner on it

Gijon are poor, they're 9th before tonights games, but 9th to 18th are covered by 4 points. They are stingy defensively, but poor upfront.

Reading Sid Lowe's coverage of La Liga on the Guardian, Baptista has third best goal/minutes played ratio in the League (after Ronaldo and Messi).

He was also top scorer in La Liga for Sevilla (26 goals) before he made his unsuccessful move to Real Madrid.

Malaga were relegation certainties until they splashed the cash in January after a take over.

Roma let the Beast go for 2 Mil - and he's scored 9 in 10 (with an injury layoff in February and March)

Have under 2.5 goals in the City - Spurs game (4/5) and Palermo (11/4) v Milan.

Recent City - Spurs games have been dull the last two being a draw and 1-0 win respectively. (city currently 1-0 due to own goal)

Palermo have a brilliant home record and have beaten Milan in their last 4 home ties.

Palermo WIN
    City - Spurs (Under 2.5) - WIN

15:00 York, Delegator (6/1)

This is a really competitive race with the potential for a few horses to bolt home. The favourite will relish a bit of cut in the ground but he hasn't reproduced the level of form that saw him win two G1s. This horse is being stepped back to 6f and hopefully will have the speed to cope with it. It really is a competitive race but if he handles the conditions he will hopefully give a good account of himself.

Bank: €380

Stake: €5 e/w

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Have under 2.5 goals in the City - Spurs game (4/5) and Palermo (11/4) v Milan.

Recent City - Spurs games have been dull the last two being a draw and 1-0 win respectively. (city currently 1-0 due to own goal)

Palermo have a brilliant home record and have beaten Milan in their last 4 home ties.

Palermo WIN
    City - Spurs (Under 2.5) - WIN

LB this is denners log for denners bets, Not yours.

• Advertisement

baraca wrote: »
    LB this is denners log for denners bets, Not yours.

Ah I don't mind Baraca, as long as the money keeps flowing in then that is all that matters :)

Thanks anyway

Advertisement