Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Return of the Messiah

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Denners.ie

boogeyman wrote: »
    Great thread Denners, really enjoy reading it!

Nice to someone beating the bookies from time to time unlike me:pac:

Keep up the good work!

Thanks man, horrible run at the minute though.
    Denners.ie wrote: »
    Falcao wincast won while the -1 lost. No reasoning today because I don't have time.

14:00 Wetherby, Free to Air (5/1) - €5 e/w

16:45 Wetherby, Treehouse (5/1) - €8.34 e/w

Lose

I'm not joking when I say that you would struggle to pick two bigger donkeys. Gonna take a few days off.

Mossey Joe running again tomorrow, oh yes!:D

Giving ten lbs to the field but will look into it and do a write up later.

16:55 Punchestown, Mossey Joe (7/1)

Form is good for this horse with his only loss coming 12 1/2 lengths to Mourad on ground that didn't suit. A friend is really sweet on this fella and has told me about him before, he feels the step down to novice company is well within his grasp. I actually had him on ante post for the Albert Bartlett but owners decided to skip it after not impressing at Christmas and actually pulled him from the stable. Hopefully he will give a good account of himself tomorrow, a lot of confidence for this horse is what I am told.
    Christ above the horse is evens, best price is 5/4. Seems a little short considering Carberry's and Davy Russell's mounts aren't half bad and could pose a bit of a threat.

18:50 Killarney, Mossey Joe (5/4)

Serious horse who is absolutely made for chasing. Ran a very credible second lto at Punchestown when the slow gallop was what went against him. Only time this fella has let me down was at Leopardstown when the ground was very soft and he failed to pick up at the business end of things. He is taking a step back to 2m 6f from 3m today, but he has won over this distance over timber before. Evens is very slim in a race that isn't very straight forward but he owes me nothing and I made a bad mistake when I opposed one of my followed horses in Canford Cliffs so won't be making that mistake again. Barry Geraghty is on board this time and he will do the horse no harm. It will be interesting to see how they run him this time, he is usually held up in rear but there has been some questioning over whether that is the best thing for him. Anyway, if he stays sound he will be a sure thing for Cheltenham 2012 so i'm hoping he can show some class tomorrow.

Cork 19:35, Mossey Joe (1/1)

Not sure what more to say about the horse. Is a real class act who won by 14 lengths on the bridle last time out, and had stones to give if needed. Being stepped back up to 3m today, should do the horse no harm as he has won over 3m over hurdles. Sarteano is a good horse with solid form, and was impressive lto as was Politeo. Moss is giving 10lbs to the field but he is the class horse, if he cuts out the mistakes he made last time he should be well up there turning for home. Barry on board again which is great to see.

Stake: €20 @ evens.

Found a nice treble aswell of:

Kendall Grove to win (8/13)
    Mossey Joe (1/1)
    Barcelona to lift cup (1/2)

It is a little under 4/1.

Stake: €50

Not sure what more to say about the horse. Is a real class act who won by 14 lengths on the bridle last time out, and had stones to give if needed. Being stepped back up to 3m today, should do the horse no harm as he has won over 3m over hurdles. Sarteano is a good horse with solid form, and was impressive lto as was Politeo. Moss is giving 10lbs to the field but he is the class horse, if he cuts out the mistakes he made last time he should be well up there turning for home. Barry on board again which is great to see.

Another €30 here.

Mossey Joe (1/1)

Another €30 here.
    :D:D:D Woaahhhhhhhh

What a horse! 10 lbs to give and he wins by 5l+.

He will probably go on his well deserved summer holidays now, can't wait to see him again next year.

• Advertisement

Paddypower money back special if Barca win in 90 mins.

Correct Score:

0-0; €40 (13/2)

1-1; €40 (6/1)

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Penguino

:D:D:D Woaahhhhhhhh

What a horse! 10 lbs to give and he wins by 5l+.

He will probably go on his well deserved summer holidays now, can't wait to see him again next year.

Great horse, great shout Denners. With Geraghty on the back there was only gonna be one result.

Penguino wrote: »
    Great horse, great shout Denners. With Geraghty on the back there was only gonna be one result.

Thanks man he is a serious horse. I haven't spoken to my friend about him but I think it is September/October when he will be turned out again. Then hopefully he will go to the RSA in Cheltenham. Plenty of money to be made off him again.;)
    Paddypower money back special if Barca win in 90 mins.

Correct Score:

0-0; €40 (13/2)

1-1; €40 (6/1)

Money back here.

Just one for tonight, still waiting on one for my treble aswell.

Frank Mir
    Thiago Alves

€50 returns approx €125

Mossey Joe (1/1)

Loss

FML. Only one round left and Grove seems clueless. Pretty disappointed with that tbh. Chalking it down as the inevitable loss.

Thanks man he is a serious horse. I haven't spoken to my friend about him but I think it is September/October when he will be turned out again. Then hopefully he will go to the RSA in Cheltenham. Plenty of money to be made off him again.;)

Money back here.

Just one for tonight, still waiting on one for my treble aswell.

Frank Mir
    Thiago Alves

€50 returns approx €125

Lose

The spadework was done and an 8/13 and 4/9 shot leave me down for my double and treble.

Epsom Downs; St. Nicholas Abbey and Midday. Reverse forecast - €25

Epsom Downs, Derby, Sat June 5th - Seville (6/1)

Tough race to call but Seville is the colt I'm going for. I could be well off with my judgement but he just seems like a real Derby horse to me, he has a lovely action and is a good powerful galloper. I think he will take to the course well and if he gets a solid pace there is no reason why he shouldn't be well in contention coming out of tattenham corner. He didn't get the pace he wanted at the Dante and I'm hoping he will come on from that run, with a better effort from Christy on board who didn't properly get stuck into him that day either.

Questions can be placed over every runner so just a quick summary.

Pour moi was impressive lto out but that was on a flat course which has no resemblance to Epsom, not sure will he have such a burst after taking this tough track. Recital seems a big danger if he comes on from his last runs, has bags of quality but if he is even a little bit green he will be found out. I'm not really sure about Carlton House, could win it or come outside the first three. Native Khan is another who has a good chance of running into the places.

Stake: €15 e/w

• Advertisement

Epsom Downs; St. Nicholas Abbey and Midday. Reverse forecast - €25

I'm sure Stevie Wonder could have picked this reverse forecast and it only won pennies but what a ride by Ryan Moore, thought he was beaten the whole way up the stretch. Enjoyable race.

Tough race to call but Seville is the colt I'm going for. I could be well off with my judgement but he just seems like a real Derby horse to me, he has a lovely action and is a good powerful galloper. I think he will take to the course well and if he gets a solid pace there is no reason why he shouldn't be well in contention coming out of tattenham corner. He didn't get the pace he wanted at the Dante and I'm hoping he will come on from that run, with a better effort from Christy on board who didn't properly get stuck into him that day either.

Pour moi was impressive lto out but that was on a flat course which has no resemblance to Epsom, not sure will he have such a burst after taking this tough track. Recital seems a big danger if he comes on from his last runs, has bags of quality but if he is even a little bit green he will be found out. I'm not really sure about Carlton House, could win it or come outside the first three. Native Khan is another who has a good chance of running into the places.

Another €15 e/w here, hopefully we will see his beautiful white face (Seville not Christy ;)) kicking clear with 2 and a half furlongs left on the stretch :)

And the above write-up can be discarded because x Pyro is after doing a write-up that would put any man to shame, the bacstard :cool::pac:

Another €15 e/w here, hopefully we will see his beautiful white face (Seville not Christy ;)) kicking clear with 2 and a half furlongs left on the stretch :)

What a fabulous horse :cool:

Disappointed with that tbh, thought he would have been a lot better.

Perth 16:30, Garleton (9/1)

Price looks a little big to me.

Stake: €5 e/w

Perth 16:30, Garleton (9/1)

Price looks a little big to me.

Stake: €5 e/w

dancingcow.gif Wooaah!

Lose
    :cool:

Ordinary Man (11/10) and Key Decision (3/1).

€15 double.

Ordinary Man (11/10) and Key Decision (3/1).

€15 double.

Lose

Ordinary Man won well and Key Decision travelled well but faded badly, a tongue tie would probably help by the looks of it.

Just can't pick them at the minute. Will need to do the profit and loss soon also.

Going to have two accums before I head off to the States so hopefully I can get a bit of luck with these. Thread turned into a bit of a disaster and it lost it's purpose really when I lost track of the P and L but that was due to a lack of discipline.

Junior Dos Santos
    Canford Cliffs

€50 double.

Junior Dos Santos
    Canford Cliffs
    Diego Nunes and Kenny Florian fight to go the distance.

€35 treble.

Royal Ascot, Queen Anne Stakes, Tuesday June 14th, Canford Cliffs.

I might take Canford on a single before Tuesday. He is an absolute machine who has plenty of gears. I can see Goldikova sitting one or two off the pace but Canny is such a good traveller I think he will be up her hole the whole way. I can't see her getting the lead she got off Paco last year and as she isn't fully prepped for this I think the ever improving Canford will take her. It really looks like a match bet between these two, Cape Blanco is never an 8f horse in a million years and I can only see him running if the ground is on the soft side. Dick Turpin hasn't really trained on as hoped and can't see him improving after his last two under-par performances. I like Goldi but she is getting long in the tooth, I think Tuesday is CC best chance of nailing the mare if they meet later on in the season aswell.

It's up to Canny to take home the bacon now. Hopefully the ground won't be soft, heavy rain forecast which is a worry tbh.

Royal Ascot, June 14th, St. James Palace Stakes, Grand Prix Boss

Grand Prix Boss is attracting me in the SJP. I don't think Frankel will be beat but this horse is worth a shot at the odds as he could be anything. He was a champion 2 year old in Japan last year but his first two appearances were disappointing this year in two Group 2's. He won a Group 1 last time out and is sent over to this as a result. He has drifted to 25's from 14's which is probably due to the potentially soft ground which he won't favour.

Worth a shot at the odds, hopefully I will get a good run for my coin.

€5 e/w @ 25/1.

What an absolute machine. Paco was my favourite ever horse so that was justice :) Canford is on another level. Richard Hughes was faultless today, great ride by him.

I will be on for the Sussex when Frankel gets a hiding :pac:

• Advertisement

Mossey Joe might be running tomorrow. This log may have one more bet in it yet and what a way to finish if Moss makes it 3/4 with a 2nd in a grade 2 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Are you finishing up Denners?

Heading away to America for a few months so I will draw a line with this one as I won't be doing much betting.

Last orders!

Down Royal 20:25, Mossey Joe (6/4)

Had a paragraph written and cleared it so just keeping this short. Can't say anything extra about Mossey Joe than I previously have, he is a real classy horse. He is giving 2 stone (:eek:) to the second favourite Harold's Cross. I'm not a fan of him anyway but that is a serious give to a horse who has rattled in two wins on the trot. The Fonze is a good horse but with him only 1lbs lighter than MJ he is easily opposed. Bally Wall is one I like but his best form is over 3m plus, not ideal for this 2m 4f tomorrow. Mossey was very keen the last day but he still won well. He won't be held out the back this time as it is only 2 and a half miles so he may settle better. He has the potential to be a quality chaser and if he is going to make any impact next year I would expect him to beat this field. A grade horse in the making and hopefully my favourite chaser will add a bit more coin to the pot. :)

Stake: €145

Also have a sly €10 on Theyskens' Theory, Mossey Joe and Our Jonathon @ 160/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭markc91

Might follow you on that treble.....when is our johnaton running? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Best of luck in the US.

Thanks for all the tips.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Best of luck in the US denners, Logged in to have a look as i knew you would be on mossey joe!

markc91 wrote: »
    Might follow you on that treble.....when is our johnaton running? :)

He is running in the Buckingham at 5:35 in Royal Ascot, he was 9/1 when I took him I think he is 7/1ish now. Might be better just putting your money on Mossey Joe.;)
    prospect wrote: »
    Best of luck in the US.

Thanks for all the tips.

Cheers man, hopefully there will be money to be made when the NH grade 1's reappear around October. :)
    baraca wrote: »
    Best of luck in the US denners, Logged in to have a look as i knew you would be on mossey joe!

Thanks Baraca, top man.

I love him, he was lightly raced but is making up for it the last two months. All going well I'm hoping to see him in the RSA next year. He is flying since he went to McNamara's yard after Christmas, only negative is he is very keen at times.

Can't wait for the NH getting underway again tbh, plenty of money to be made :)

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Best of luck dude, will you still be posting here?

If not, will you be coming back as Denners.com? :pac:

• Advertisement

x PyRo wrote: »
    Best of luck dude, will you still be posting here?

If not, will you be coming back as Denners.com? :pac:

:pac:

Ya I will start up the 'third coming' anyway when I get back. Will try to get online for a few big ones during the summer alright.

Advertisement