Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Importing Firearm

Options
  • 26-04-2011 1:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

well lads, a friend of mine bought a new rifle up north last week, he has filled out importation form. What does he do now? Does he send it to the DOJ or go to the guards first. :confused:

thanks lads

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Glensman

If you do a search this has been covered, I asked it myself and I'm sure it was covered before that...

Sends it to the DoJ then they send him back the cert. Then he has to take that to the gunshop he bought the gun in, and that's basically all they ask for.

To cover himself though he'd be as well getting a temporary pass for the 6 counties for when he picks up the gun; but the gunshop themselves will not require this.
    The gunshop will want 24hrs to process the export form in advance of picking up the gun; you can fax it to them...

BTW: I assume you know this but he will need to be licenced for the gun before he can send for the import form; and import form is not an entitlement to own the firearm...

Advertisement