Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

We're drinkin'

Options
  • 26-04-2011 1:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Chnandler Bong

Haha brilliant:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

ah excellent. I saw this on TV earlier and then couldn't find it on their site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

thats brillant....

It's amazing how different that guy looks as the two different lads?
    Which end of the spectrum would you be nearest to?:P
    I'd say I'm more like that posh one, being from the south side you know loike:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Is that the same person??? Fair play of it is. Class song - hope to hear it in coppers soon

• Advertisement

GiftofGab wrote: »
    Is that the same person??? Fair play of it is. Class song - hope to hear it in coppers soon
    Yea it's the same guy. He does a great job. You can bet it will be played in coppers on Saturday alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Phenomenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPddpNuzLn8&playnext=1&list=PLFC9910E7DE578B09

dont know if this pasted , if not type skanger in my banger into you tube
    his early stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭heyheyhey1982

The only thing ironic about that song is that it was filmed and starred in by a bunch of snobs who think they are in the middle of the spectrum.

Dont get me wrong it is a good idea and the song is a decent parody- but these lads are a bunch of dicks who go to club 92 every week.

Sure they did an MTV cribs video aswell which was on prime time a few weeks ago and these lads have money coming out of their ears. Their father owns Dr quirkeys and is an Ex Garda who is bending the law operating Dr quirkeys. Its laughable :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭nbrady20009

The only thing ironic about that song is that it was filmed and starred in by a bunch of snobs who think they are in the middle of the spectrum.

Dont get me wrong it is a good idea and the song is a decent parody- but these lads are a bunch of dicks who go to club 92 every week.

Sure they did an MTV cribs video aswell which was on prime time a few weeks ago and these lads have money coming out of their ears. Their father owns Dr quirkeys and is an Ex Garda who is bending the law operating Dr quirkeys. Its laughable :rolleyes:

Alan and Wes is it? If it's the same lads, Wes is sound out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Andy Quirke is the lad who does the video's. Plays damo and Ivor.
    Who gives a **** who he is or related to, Its funny shít! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭yupyup7up

i can say with a fair degree of confidence that this song was out over a year ago!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Anyone else spot yer man from Harry Potter?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭PK2008

Meh, about 10 years too late- the whole northside/southside thing has been done to death

Roysh!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

The most offensive part is Club 92. Ugh... I've never seen so many c*nts in my life, and I've been on xhamster.

Song is... meh, poor man's every other musical comedy thing. Which is the poor man's normal comedy. Except Flight of the Conchords.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

Jesus, Irish begrudgery even extends to when we take the piss out of ourselves. That's what's really laughable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Another bitter soul.

Question: Explain why the oil pricing or the demise of Portugal is the D4 heads fault?

Second Question: Why does someone who has money automatically mean they are a dick? Is it A) Because you feel inferior and if you put them down it makes you feel better about your inadequacies? Is it B) Your bitter towards anyone who has genuine success because of the lack of success in your own life or C) Why should someone have more fun than you through the hard work and endevour of their family, as silver spoons don't come cheap, and you can be sure a sh*t load of hard work went in to paying for it, it isn't free for anyone, just because they can afford it doesn't mean they think they're better than you (it's a subconcious decision you make in your head that they are better than you, and then you resent them for it) and it doesn't mean they are "dicks" either.

Sanjuro wrote: »
    Jesus, Irish begrudgery even extends to when we take the piss out of ourselves. That's what's really laughable.

I said it was funny and quiet well done- Just think its Ironic who is behind the video.
    [Jackass] wrote: »
    Another bitter soul.

Question: Explain why the oil pricing or the demise of Portugal is the D4 heads fault?

Second Question: Why does someone who has money automatically mean they are a dick? Is it A) Because you feel inferior and if you put them down it makes you feel better about your inadequacies? Is it B) Your bitter towards anyone who has genuine success because of the lack of success in your own life or C) Why should someone have more fun than you through the hard work and endevour of their family, as silver spoons don't come cheap, and you can be sure a sh*t load of hard work went in to paying for it, it isn't free for anyone, just because they can afford it doesn't mean they think they're better than you (it's a subconcious decision you make in your head that they are better than you, and then you resent them for it) and it doesn't mean they are "dicks" either.

A) I dont feel inferior to them
    B) I have no problem with anyone having success
    C) I think these lads are in Kystal week in and out and pretty much
    like the Ivor charachter in the video. Oh the Irony;)

Cant someone critcise someone without "Irish Begrudgery" being shouted at them.

On a side note that Damo persona is about 10 years too old. Knackers stoppedwearing scanda jackets and Baseball caps at an angle back in the early 00's. Now all the knacks wear baby pick t shirts with blond tipped hair with little mullet thing at the back. Actually very like the Ivor characters clothes.... oh the irony:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Floodric

No there are still loads of Knackers wearing thier socks up over their tracksuit bottoms. And just becasue the makers fall into either group, doesnt make it ironic. You can still take the piss out of yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Premise is the same in this.....both decent tunes ha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

On a side note that Damo persona is about 10 years too old. Knackers stoppedwearing scanda jackets and Baseball caps at an angle back in the early 00's. Now all the knacks wear baby pick t shirts with blond tipped hair with little mullet thing at the back. Actually very like the Ivor characters clothes.... oh the irony:rolleyes:

Dont know about your part of the country but down here in Limerick the gelled down flat fringe and trackies tucked into white socks is still very much the defining image of knacker/scumbags.

Anyway the video is a bit of a laugh and its pretty catchy so I dont really give a f*ck about the personal life of the guy who made it and I certainly wont be wasting any of my time over-analysing a comedy video :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

class:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Testament1 wrote: »
    Dont know about your part of the country but down here in Limerick the gelled down flat fringe and trackies tucked into white socks is still very much the defining image of knacker scumbags

Limerick always was about 10 years behind tbh! :P
    ;)

Floodric wrote: »
    No there are still loads of Knackers wearing thier socks up over their tracksuit bottoms. And just becasue the makers fall into either group, doesnt make it ironic. You can still take the piss out of yourself.

Ok, do you know what irony is- they are making a video slagging snobs and laughing at them- while also being snobs. That is Irony

Unless you where in the same scholl as ALanis Morrisette and think irony is "A traffic jam and your already late"- Sorry Alantis that aint Irony!

This is why we can't have nice things. Just enjoy the fcuking video.

qz wrote: »
    This is why we can't have nice things. Just enjoy the fcuking video.

I know its a pity i said anything. Its actually very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

Where to the Culchies fit into all of this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement