Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masters/PAC Query

Options
  • 26-04-2011 8:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭

So I recently applied for Masters, one in UCD and one in my current university UCC. I have been accepted to the masters in UCC but my first choice is UCD. I'm still waiting on a reply from them due to UCC taking forever to send me my transcripts.

Anyway i have until May 2nd to accept or decline the masters in UCC according to PAC and I'm not sure i will hear back from UCD before that time. Anyone been in a similar situation or have any advice on what i could do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭Rosita

I was offered a place on two Masters' courses a few years back but was not faced with your situation where the date of acceptance was looming for one without knowing about the other.

If push comes to shove you could accept the one in UCC and then back out before being required to stump up more money? That would at least buy you time. Or do you have to pay a grand or something in order to accept the place? It depends on what it means financially to accept the place on the Masters' in UCC.

When I did my Masters' as far as I can recall I accepted on the PAC and was sent a Giro to pay €1,000 a short time later, so I would have had the chance to back out without financial penalty...I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭deisedude

Rosita wrote: »
    I was offered a place on two Masters' courses a few years back but was not faced with your situation where the date of acceptance was looming for one without knowing about the other.

If push comes to shove you could accept the one in UCC and then back out before being required to stump up more money? That would at least buy you time. Or do you have to pay a grand or something in order to accept the place? It depends on what it means financially to accept the place on the Masters' in UCC.

When I did my Masters' as far as I can recall I accepted on the PAC and was sent a Giro to pay €1,000 a short time later, so I would have had the chance to back out without financial penalty...I think.

Thanks for your help. Ya its getting charged i'm worried about!

Advertisement