Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Free web mail - which one to choose?

• 26-04-2011 10:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭

Hi,

Sorry if this is not in the right place.

I am looking for help in choosing a free email programme that I can access from any computer. I have a .ie website and email address for my own business and want to be able to receive and send emails from any computer.

At the moment I am using mail2web.com when I'm away from my own laptop but it does not store sent mails which is very annoying when trying to keep track of things.

I know there are loads of them as I did a quick google search there but I was just wondering if someone could actually recommend one for me please.

Also, I'm not the most technologically minded so something straight forward please. I tried to install RoundCube last night but didn't manage it :o

Can anyone recommend something for me please?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭robryan

Try Gmail... I've been using it years and no issues.. You can sync it to your phone too so you will always have access to your emails when out and about... Also your inbox size will continuously grow..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

I'd highly recommend MDaemon, but I'm pretty sure you have to pay for that.

If you want to try a search site called alternativeto.net too. (Unfortunately it's blocked for me at the mo).

EDIT: Actually setting up a new work gmail might do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Tupins

Well the thing is I need to use my .ie email address so gmail wouldn't work for that as far as I know.

thanks anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

If it's an email client you are looking for then try Thunderbird from Mozilla. It's free and there are versions for both Windows and Linux.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

FSL wrote: »
    If it's an email client you are looking for then try Thunderbird from Mozilla. It's free and there are versions for both Windows and Linux.

+1 for Thunderbird. It's fantastic.

Although, if you are just looking for a client you can set your emails up on a machine running outlook (express).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭jcrowbar

Tupins wrote: »
    Well the thing is I need to use my .ie email address so gmail wouldn't work for that as far as I know.

thanks anyway.

You can use gmail with google apps and keep your .ie email address.

http://www.google.com/apps/intl/en/group/index.html

It's well worth a look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Captain Commie

if you have your .ie hosting a site and email then there will be a webmail system that you can access, most likely via webmail.domain.ie

double check with your hosting provider

I'm already using Thunderbird when I'm at home but the problem is I can't get into it remotely. What I'm looking for is something I can access everywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

Tupins wrote: »
    I'm already using Thunderbird when I'm at home but the problem is I can't get into it remotely. What I'm looking for is something I can access everywhere.

Tada! http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/thunderbird_portable

Alternatively, use a smart phone to access email by receiving a copy of the email or set-up forwarding so your .ie address will forward a copy to your gmail address (you can only send back from the gmail address though...)

Tada! http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/thunderbird_portable

Alternatively, use a smart phone to access email by receiving a copy of the email or set-up forwarding so your .ie address will forward a copy to your gmail address (you can only send back from the gmail address though...)

That looks interesting - will look into that.

Thanks for all the responses.

• Advertisement
Advertisement