Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exterior paint?

• 26-04-2011 10:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭

Looking to paint the exterior of the house. Would like a good quality paint as I don't want to redo it every 2 years but finding Sandtex 5 liter tins very expensive. Would I be better going to a trade centre and buying a generic paint to match in bigger, 10 liter tubs, and how does it rate for quality?

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭cardwizzard

You kinda get what you pay for with paint. IMO sandtex and dulux weathershield are on par, and both right up there with the best. Fleetwoods, weatherclad is decent and maybe 10% or so cheaper. Crown masonary is OK just . Haven't used woodies, b&q branded.

An alternative for you maybe Sherwin Williams exterior masonary, 50% the price of Sandtex. Available in B&Q. if you are on a budget. Have used it once a few years ago and I drive past the house daily and it still looks OK, although I wouldn't vouch for it.

If you can buy the Sandtex/Weathershield as it will last, and prove better value in the long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Johnstones stormshield is very good i can get 10l for €30 in white and €34 mixed into colour

Advertisement