Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIT part-time maths degree

Options
  • 26-04-2011 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

I was looking at the part time maths courses offered by DIT. If anyone has done any of them I would love to hear what it's like, level of study, how many evenings per week, what are lectures like, is it necessary to attend every lecture (ie are they all compulsory) etc.

I haven't done any maths course at 3rd level, does anyone know if it's possible to enter straight into the level 7 (Ordinary degree) programme. I got A's in HL maths and applied maths in the LC and actually give grinds in those subjects for LC, but I would love to get some sort of degree behind me.

Also, I am quite busy during the week Mon-Fri, so would the extra workload be alot?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

I also posted this in the DIT forum so might get some answers there either...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭QuiteInterestin

Hope you get some replies to this thread OP as I've actually been looking at the same thing myself. It seems quite a commitement, could take up to 6 years to get an Honours Degree. Not sure about you being able to skip straight into Stage 3/Level 7 (ordinary degree). From the entry requirements, it seems that without having a degree in maths/having done maths for 2 years at third level, the best you could hope for is skipping into Level 2 (Higher Certificate in Maths).

Have you looked at Open University? Thats what I'm thinking of doing as I'm not from Dublin and can't seem to find a part time maths course closer to home. It might be more flexible if you would find attending lectures difficult as as far as I know its all online/correspondance

Advertisement