Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bf3 pc requirements

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭alex1997123

here once again new specs i found this time on aria.co.uk

NEW SPECS
    Intel® Core™ i3-540 Processor overclocked [4.70ghz]
    nivdia GeForce GTX 550Ti 1024MB GDDR5 Graphics Card
    4GB ram
    1tb hard drive
    windows 7

Total=678.48EURO

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

An i3-540 is dual core only.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭BULLER

NEW SPECS
    4GB ram
    1tb hard drive
    windows 7

Total=678.48EURO

At that price range I'd be more inclined to go with AMD phenomII X4. Will deliver nearly the same performance but with 4 cores.

Still that looks very nippy for the price!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭shootermacg

BULLER wrote: »
    At that price range I'd be more inclined to go with AMD phenomII X4. Will deliver nearly the same performance but with 4 cores.

Still that looks very nippy for the price!

Just read this:

However, the limitations of the cut-down GPU of the GTX 550 Ti 1GB are still there to see, especially if you have a 1,920 x 1,080 screen and want to play your games at their best. In Bad Company 2 the GeForce GTX 460 1GB offers 20-30 per cent more performance, from a card that’s roughly 30 per cent more expensive (based on the estimated price of £100 for the GTX 550 Ti 1GB

Oops copied the wrong quote >.<

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

NEW SPECS
    4GB ram
    1tb hard drive
    windows 7

Total=678.48EURO

BF3 low settings if you're lucky.

Here's what I'd buy instead:

Phenom II x4 840 - €85
    4GB DDR 3 - €80
    880/890 based mobo - €80
    1Tb Samsung F3 - €50
    DVD rw drive - €20
    PSU - €80
    HD5850 - €109
    Case - €50
    Win 7 - €100

Total: €654 and would blow that other PC out of the water. Any site would have those parts at those prices (though the HD5850 extreme seem to be hard to find, but pixmania defo have them).

Total

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Why do you people turn down a PC build on the ASSUMPTION of system requirements? Makes no sense imo. I say wait until the specs are released, THEN build/upgrade a PC if required.

Why do you people turn down a PC build on the ASSUMPTION of system requirements? Makes no sense imo. I say wait until the specs are released, THEN build/upgrade a PC if required.

That system would barely run BC2 on low / medium (due to the gfx card - the 550ti is an awful card for the price).

Its fairly safe to assume it will struggle with BF3, considering its an updated, fully DX11 engine, which has been shown to run on GTX580's so far in the videos.

Its called an 'educated guess'. Though it's obvious you'll want at least a mid range card for it.

Plus, the build I quickly threw together off the top of my head is not only cheaper, but more powerful.

Why does your sig area take up so much space on the screen?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Well I'm just saying in general. I don't see the point in helping people build PCs solely for BF3 when the sys req. haven't even been released yet. It's running on a completely new engine, topped with the fact that BF3 won't be a port of a console game, so you could also assume it'll be more optimized for PC hardware.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Well I'm just saying in general. I don't see the point in helping people build PCs solely for BF3 when the sys req. haven't even been released yet. It's running on a completely new engine, topped with the fact that BF3 won't be a port of a console game, so you could also assume it'll be more optimized for PC hardware.

Not precise requirements, but Dice have said that if it can run BC2 happily, it'll run BF3 happily, so we do have a good guideline if that's a reliable statement from them.

Lemme see, dubs just gave a better specced machine for the same price, I'd call that being helpful.
    I'm hoping to upgrade soon, so this thread is a great help, given the cashflow the wife allows I'll be settling for scraps.

• Advertisement

Sweet zombie jesus an AMD quad core under 80 euro. Build a PC around that :P

What's with all the AMD love? Aren't the new intel I 5 K quads way better? And reasonably priced? or am I missing something?

Well they are, I have an i7 myself, but for the price, budget builders should really have a look at the AMD range. Intel's i series CPUs would be more mid-high budget (quad i5's and i7's that is)

Sweet zombie jesus an AMD quad core under 80 euro. Build a PC around that :P

I assumed that was gonna be the Phenom II x4 840 (pretty much an Athlon II x4), but its a fully fledged x4 955 BE.

Incredible price.

I wouldn't begrudge an extra few quid for the i5K 4.6ghz OC, and you have a cpu that outlasts your graphics card and maybe the one after that ^ ^.
    Spending a bit more cash on the core will usually save cash in the long run.
    What are the I5's now 130 yoyos?

Hey is this what I need to build a gaming pc

https://www.aria.co.uk/myAria/ShoppingBasket

The total price would be 600euro that includes p&p to ireland

Hey is this what I need to build a gaming pc

https://www.aria.co.uk/myAria/ShoppingBasket

The total price would be 600euro that includes p&p to ireland

You can't link to that, it's cookie or session based.

Interesting, I haven't seen a review of the HD 6770 yet. It actually appears to be faster than the HD 5870 (according to leaked specs) - which means it would be faster than the HD 6870...

Very odd indeed. HD 68xx series going EOL?

Scratch that. Leaked specs were wrong. Its merely a re-branded HD 5770.

Spend €20 more and get the HD 6850. You won't regret it.

MSI HD 6850 with free Shogun 2 game

• Advertisement

I edited my post - please check above and consider my recommendation. The HD 6770 / 5770 is a fairly poor card for gaming - equivalent in power to a HD 4870 in dx9/10.

Get the HD 6850 if you can afford to spend the extra €20-30

Thanks for the recommendation now i am getting the one u said NEW TOTAL=608 WITH P&P

Thanks for the recommendation now i am getting the one u said

Good :) You won't be sorry. It was the best card on that site I could see for a similar price.

but will it run bf3 on high

but will it run bf3 on high

You may want something with a little more grunt for that.

You should be able to play it with mostly high settings, maybe some set to medium.

Taking Bad Company 2 into account, you'd need a HD6870 / GTX 460 / HD 5850 to max it out. In fact, to max it out, and consistently over 60 fps you'd probably want a GTX 560 / HD 5870 or better

Cool, good card. I had a GTX 460 up until recently, really quiet, really cool, superb performance for the price.

Heres a great computer website for buying and building

http://www.awd-it.co.uk/scripts/default.asp

Heres a great computer website for buying and building

http://www.awd-it.co.uk/scripts/default.asp

Prices aren;t bad, but I wish people would use Irish shops. Or even Irish versions of international or UK shops, at least the tax gets paid here.

All for the sake of a couple of €€. Even though you'd have to wait longer or pay loads of shipping etc

• Advertisement

Prices aren;t bad, but I wish people would use Irish shops. Or even Irish versions of international or UK shops, at least the tax gets paid here.

All for the sake of a couple of €€. Even though you'd have to wait longer or pay loads of shipping etc

In fairness the price differences for this sort of stuff is massive.

I went into PC World yesterday, they had 3 Computers priced between E800 and E1100....

Graphics cards ranged from GT420(not sure how good it is, AnandTech doesn't even list it in the comparison list) to the highest priced PC having a HD5570 which Hardwareversand have for less then E100

Processors ranged from i3 in the E800 to i7 in the E1100.

They also had individual parts and the HD5770 was priced at E245 while my E209 HD6950 from Hardwareversand destroys it in a comparison on http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/296?vs=293

I'm all for supporting business here, but those prices differences are astounding, through support from some very kind boardsies I have an E850 rig on the way with a HD6950 2GB with a i5-2500 processor, I'd have needed to fork out E1100 in PC World and the computer still wouldn't have met my needs.

I'll still continue to buy any products here that come even remotely close(TV etc...) but I don't think I'll ever buy a computer here again after my last two purchases(spent E600 for pieces of ****)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement