Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3Vspywaredoctor componentim

• 26-04-2011 11:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭

Is this spyware or is it part of some AV software, I get the message that 3Vspywaredoctor componentim has incurred an error and do you want to send to error report to microsoft. Google doesn't show up anything, the spelling is the same as above and I've scanned my machine and everything comes up clean.

I have Malwarebytes, Spyboy and Microsoft security essential installed and I've searched through the registry for any files that may contain a reference. That's why I think it might be part of my AV software but the name looks very dodgy.

Here's a screen grab of the error

156622.JPG
    Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 obrien.cathal

Hi Dymo,

If you are not able to detect any infections using the software you have listed then you are unlikely to have one. However, some malware is outside of the scope of any of the scanners which are currently available and you may have to rely on manual detection and removal. It may be as simple as stopping the program from running at startup. It would probably be a bit long winded to try and explain here but I have a few articles about manual detection and using tools from Microsoft's Sysinternals appended to the end of my virus removal page. They may be of use to you.

Let me know if you need any help interpreting what you find.

Cathal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭johndoe99

You don't say when this message box appears, i'm taking it's at startup. Did you at anytime install Spyware Doctor, if yes then some parts of the program are trying to run and cannot find the software.

Try going into 'System Configuration Utility' (type MSCONFIG in the "Run" box and select the Startup tab), look for references to "3Vspywaredoctor componentim" and uncheck the box.

Advertisement