Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colin Fry touring at the moment

Options
  • 26-04-2011 11:45am
    Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭

Colin Fry is in Ireland at the moment, doing gigs in smaller venues. Has anyone been to see him at one of these shows, and if so, how did you find it?

I went recently, and left very unimpressed, Ive got to say. I wondered if he just had a particularly bad night. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭hilloftara

travelled to castlebar to see him ,never again ,wasted over an hr going on about people dissing him and if we didnt believe him leave now ,arrogant man .save your money people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

Saw him a couple of years ago when he was touring with Tony Stockwell. I wasn't impressed at all.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I had seen him in the Helix a few years ago, with Tony. Probably the same show. I dont remember much about it apart from thinking TS was better.

I think the 'skeptics please leave' spiel is common. Ive heard it before, and didnt think too much about it. But I was watching the demo itself carefully to see how he worked, and actual evidence was very poor, and the whole performance lacklustre. I did wonder if I was just being the cynic in the room, which is why I wanted to see how others found him and whether he had any impressive shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it), I've never seen his live show, but I can say I wasn't impressed by videos I've seen of him in action.

He seems frightfully dependent on audience feedback (tsk, tsk), as opposed to firing ahead and throwing out a fair few decent nuggets of info and then gauging feedback, instead.

I don't think I'd pay to see him at all.

I've heard John Edward(s?) is gonna be playing a few shows around Ireland during the next few months. I'm not too impressed by him either.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

John Edward is very aggressive in person, not at all the lovely calm person you see on screen. And he cold reads, not very well, either. :)

Come to think of it I was asked to go to both of those shows by the same person. Next time she asks I think Ill pass :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭meryem

I don't get if the guys in question are that big fraud than how come they become this much popular personality to make people talk about them with great interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭hilloftara

colin fry was good that nite for the people he did talk to ,in a two and half hr show he wasted a good bit talking about himself

Advertisement