Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tipping

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

taxAHcruel,MadsL,thats enough please.Cut the petty sniping now.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

taxAHcruel,MadsL,thats enough please.Cut the petty sniping now.

Agreed. I would have let it lie a few posts ago. I don't like being called a liar though, but I do apologise.

<extends Gentlemanly hand to taxAHcruel>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

I go on the service received really.

I don't think you should factor in the quality of food as the water/tress isn't responsible for the food side of it.

If it is an overall tip that is shared I wouldn't though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 BO.A

Hard to leave a tip when your running off without paying .

Probably bout 4 quid

Well I also have nothing more to say on the matter other than to reiterate my advice to those who are in, or may soon find themselves in, such a role.

There really is some simple, simplistic even, steps one can take to make the task of having change ready efficient and pleasant for all concerned. I very much hope some of my advice helps someone out there and they see the return from it I did in the form of happy customers and increased tips for themselves - and frequent repeat orders from the happy customers for the business itself to boot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭LeeHoffmann

I worked for a year in a busy Irish bar in Germany. During that time, my wages per night would come to about E30-E40. My tips would be anything from E30 - E100 per night. My OH was doing compulsory civil service so he earned next to nothing. Needless to say we lived off my tips. Hence, I know how much tips can mean to people. If service is average/normal/decent/good, I'll tip 10%. If service is bad (and I mean bad, not 'not great'), they get nada. If service is very good I'll tip 10% and then some - generally I'll add another 5-10% depending on how good it was and how much we can afford! So if the bill was E80, I'd probably tip E12-E15

Advertisement