Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reserve Team

Options
  • 26-04-2011 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭

What's your opinions ? I think it's crazy not having one. I can see the logic in wanting to loan out the likes of Bostock to get some first team experience, but to completely abandon the reserve team makes no sense for me.

We have organised some games for fellas coming back from injury and so on, but surely we should have a reserve side with a blend of youth players, guys on the verge of the first team, and the first teamers who are out of the side and need to be kept sharp etc... or fellas coming back from injury and god knows we have plenty.

Discuss.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

I'm torn on this one. Yes I think it would be great to have a reserve team to ge the younglads playing together and have them available to first team when needed. Think its a big benefit for lads coming back from injury.

On the flip side I think some of the experience the younger lads gain in the championship, league 1 etc cant be gained in a reserve team. They get tough games against experienced pros, have to play in conditions good and bad.

tough one..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Mullo76 wrote: »
    On the flip side I think some of the experience the younger lads gain in the championship, league 1 etc cant be gained in a reserve team. They get tough games against experienced pros, have to play in conditions good and bad.

tough one..

If you get a good young lad, yes send him out on loan if he is ready, and see how he gets on, but the idea of having 20 odd fellas out on loan is silly for me.

Advertisement