Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Stockbroker in Oz?

Options
  • 26-04-2011 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Just wondering if anyone can help me out with setting up an online share trading account in Oz. Looking for a cheap, reliable execution only broker that is easy to set up account with. Something along the lines of TD Waterhouse at home. :D

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭s.c

commsec

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

I registered with CommSec recently because I have my banking with them. It was all relatively painless and they're quite competitive on price.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Interesting question.

Those with CommSec, can you tell me:

Is there a minimum value on trades?
    Can you buy shares from other exchanges?
    What price for a trade?

eTrade, for instance, seems to charge $19.95 for a trade, allows trading only on the ASX and the minimum share purchase value is $500.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭s.c

Interesting question.

Those with CommSec, can you tell me:

Is there a minimum value on trades?
    Can you buy shares from other exchanges?
    What price for a trade?

eTrade, for instance, seems to charge $19.95 for a trade, allows trading only on the ASX and the minimum share purchase value is $500.

Sorry for my short reply above. Was in a bit of rush at the time.

CommSec would seem be the same as eTrade with regards to what you asked.

Advertisement