Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removing Stones from Garden

Options
  • 26-04-2011 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi All,

I recently had a new wall built in the back garden, as the fence was completely rotten. After digging out the foundations, we left all the soil to the side. This was then spread over the garden when the wall was finished. Unfortunately, while I removed as many of the rocks from the soil as possible, There are still a huge number of rocks in the garden now, which makes cutting the grass somewhat problematic.

Would anyone have any suggestions as to the easiest way to remove these stones, or is it just a case of getting out there with the rake, and spending a day out there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,434 ✭✭✭RedXIV

No advice here i'm afraid, but just letting you know it could be worse, when my parents built their house we had 3/4 of an acre to de-stone, spent around 2 hours a day for a weeks doing it. Hated it with a passion. Hope you come up with an easier way!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 sparky20203

I was thinking that.. kind of hoping somebody might have an easier method... Oh well! Guess i know what i'll be spending the long weekend doing!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Builders and gardeners tend not to mix that well.

Builders tend to leave alot of crud and rubble in the ground and then its covered over with some soil and its burried for life.

My girlfriend spend 3 soild days hand picking out all the shale,rubble and general crap out of the back garden and also the front garden from where the builder has left alot of his blocks and also where building materials had somehow found their way into the soil.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭wait4me

paddy147 wrote: »
    My girlfriend spend 3 soild days hand picking out all the shale,rubble and general crap out of the back garden and also the front garden

Wow - where did you find her :D? I see the age of chivalry is dead and gone :D:D !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

wait4me wrote: »
    Wow - where did you find her :D? I see the age of chivalry is dead and gone :D:D !

In the Botanic Gardens.:D

Shes a horticulturalist,so she loves anything to do with gardens,whether its good or bad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 sparky20203

paddy147 wrote: »
    In the Botanic Gardens.:D

Shes a horticulturalist,so she loves anything to do with gardens,whether its good or bad

Can I borrow her for the weekend?!! Really gotta get this garden sorted!!

Advertisement