Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price of 2 year old horse Chestnut

Options
  • 26-04-2011 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭

I grew about 20 horse chestnut trees a while back from conkers picked in the phoenix park, they are now taking up a lot of space and I am between two minds about what to do with them. How much would these trees be worth if put up for sale???

I will probably either just replant them in different places where people will let me and I can watch them grow, or donate them to a park or something, but I ain't sure yet.

But do they have and value naturally ???

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

the main problem you have is that they grow to be a big tree and don't have a use in hedging; i'd say you'd be lucky if you can sell them, maybe a couple of euro each. there's not a market for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭leshogan

id love a conker tree for my garden

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭almighty1

Depends on their height. You might get a tenner+ for them Guidelines from www.futureforests.net

2.50 for 1 inch
    5.00 for 2 inch
    7.00 for 4+ inches

I'd recommend advertising in the local trader or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭ger vallely

Where abouts are you if you are selling or getting rid? I'd buy some if you're near by..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

almighty1 wrote: »
    Depends on their height. You might get a tenner+ for them Guidelines from www.futureforests.net

2.50 for 1 inch
    5.00 for 2 inch
    7.00 for 4+ inches
    i assume that's feet and not inches...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭YourName

Oh right well mine are between 34 and 51 inches, maybe they are over 2 years old, probably 3 or 4.

Theres a pic attached

Ger if you were interested PM me, probably not allowed to deal here, but I'm located on Dublin Northside

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭almighty1

i assume that's feet and not inches...

Sorry you are right :o

' seems to denote a foot whilst " is a inch, thought it was the other way around.

BTW they are fine trees. Very nice

Advertisement