Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Claiming tax

• 26-04-2011 1:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi all!! .... I have not used this in a long time so may take some getting used to again!!

I am a newly qualified primary school teacher (NQT). I substituted for most of the 2010 -2011 academic year in various primary schools.

However I do not know how to go about claiming back my tax for the year. Where do I even begin?? :/ I would appreciate grately if anyone could help me with this matter!!! THANK YOU!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭E.T.

You can register online here:
    https://www.revenue.ie/selfservice/enterRegistrationDetails.faces

They'll send you out a pin by post within a few days, so you can use the site to claim back. I'm not sure if these are all still valid after last year's budget, but you can claim for bin charges, trade-union subscription, flat-rate expenses and others that apply to different individuals.

I do my med1 form every year too, if you have medical expenses it's a great way of claiming back some of them. It's very quick, I usually get the money lodged into my account within a few days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭maddogcollins

Hi Groovy,

It is easy to register for PAYE anytime. Once registered, as mentioned above, you will be entitled to claim for trade union subs, service charges (to max of €400) and flat rate expenses along with medical expenses (Med1) incurred during the year. All these can be claimed online and details of any pay you received also will be online.

If you do not want to go the online route, you can file a Form 12 for 2010 (do a search on www.revenue.ie). It is a long form but only a few pages are needed to be completed.

You will only be able to claim for 2010 tax paid at present.

Online is by far the quickest and easiest method.

PM if you need help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Groovy

thanks guys .... yee are actually really helpful :) ... may possibly be back for a bit more advice when i get the ball rolling

Advertisement