Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone Choices

Options
  • 26-04-2011 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭

Basically I want to switch to 3 to get free any network texts free weekend calls and mobile internet. The phone I am getting will need to have wifi, an fm radio, and the ability to text while the phone is sideways (i just find it easier). I'll probably use it mostly for texting, the radio, music, facebook and baords. I've narrowed it down to 3 phones.

Nokia X6, I like this phone, particularly the camera, but I've read that its older and the processor is slower than the other two.

Sony Ericsson X8 Because this is android it should have better apps shouldnt it?

Nokia C5-03 The is kind of an in Between, has a better processor then the Nokina X6 and a better camera then the SE X8

Anyone know which of these would be best? Or know of any similar price range but better phones? I have a Samsung Tocco lite now and I love it, the only thing I can find that lets it down is not having wifi and not being able to add more apps.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭thecornflake

GarIT wrote: »
    Basically I want to switch to 3 to get free any network texts free weekend calls and mobile internet. The phone I am getting will need to have wifi, an fm radio, and the ability to text while the phone is sideways (i just find it easier). I'll probably use it mostly for texting, the radio, music, facebook and baords. I've narrowed it down to 3 phones.

Nokia X6, I like this phone, particularly the camera, but I've read that its older and the processor is slower than the other two.

Sony Ericsson X8 Because this is android it should have better apps shouldnt it?

Nokia C5-03 The is kind of an in Between, has a better processor then the Nokina X6 and a better camera then the SE X8

Anyone know which of these would be best? Or know of any similar price range but better phones? I have a Samsung Tocco lite now and I love it, the only thing I can find that lets it down is not having wifi and not being able to add more apps.

just to let you know, 3 texts are not unlimited, it's only 3,000 free texts a month. Plenty i know and you shouldn't really have time to send that many but i still find it bad that they are quick to say unlimited this and that when unlimited is actually a number ( 3000 ) which some people i know would more than likely go over (yes they do have a texting addiction).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

just to let you know, 3 texts are not unlimited, it's only 3,000 free texts a month. Plenty i know and you shouldn't really have time to send that many but i still find it bad that they are quick to say unlimited this and that when unlimited is actually a number ( 3000 ) which some people i know would more than likely go over (yes they do have a texting addiction).

Thanks for the info I knew there was a limit didn't know how much though, its probably the same as what I have now but its only to one network atm. I'd rarely send over 100 texts in in day and probably less than 50 on days I'm in work or school so I should be fine. Although I have sent 500 texts in 24 hours before :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭thecornflake

GarIT wrote: »
    Thanks for the info I knew there was a limit didn't know how much though, its probably the same as what I have now but its only to one network atm. I'd rarely send over 100 texts in in day and probably less than 50 on days I'm in work or school so I should be fine. Although I have sent 500 texts in 24 hours before :rolleyes:

:eek: you're one of them. Also the data is not unlimited either just to keep an eye on that. As for the phones you've posted, they seem ok but if i was you i'd save some more and get a higher model. These phones are nearly past the sell by date in terms of technology, plus if you want apps you would be better off with an android OS rather than nokia OS.

:eek: you're one of them. Also the data is not unlimited either just to keep an eye on that. As for the phones you've posted, they seem ok but if i was you i'd save some more and get a higher model. These phones are nearly past the sell by date in terms of technology, plus if you want apps you would be better off with an android OS rather than nokia OS.

I was young, with a new girlfriend, we texted each other for a day and a half without stopping, its not like I do it every weekend or anything. The Sony Ericsson has Andriod but it can only be upgraded as far as 2.1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Hey some of us dont have a choice.

The girlfriend just wants to text no matter how much u tell er you hate it and you prefer calling :D:D

• Advertisement

Hey some of us dont have a choice.

The girlfriend just wants to text no matter how much u tell er you hate it and you prefer calling :D:D

The thread is supposed to be about what phone to buy, not what network or what to do with the phone.

Advertisement