Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Monarch Grafitti Dublin

• 26-04-2011 1:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hey guys

Doing a very small assignment for an American NGO. If possible could you put me wide to any anti British monarch or anti royal visit graffiti in an around the Dublin area (North or South)

I have already covered
    St Anne’s
    Edenmore
    Coolock
    Harmonstown

Please remember this is for a publication so I do not endorse the content or support it. The article is on the Queens's visit plus the slight rise in dissident republican activity.

Much appreciated guys.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

there was - probably cleaned off by now - some on the wellington monument in the phoenix park on monday morning last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,057 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Not sure if there are any photos online of the '**** the Queen' burned into the grass near the finish line at the Irish Grand National.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Will be cleaned off straight away. Political graffiti always is.

May I ask, why would you use the term "dissident" in such a report? Its an erroneous description.

Heres a picture of what was written on Wellingtons monument that I found in the depths of the internet

206809_10150274648343868_629203867_9327305_4497849_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Hey guys

Doing a very small assignment for an American NGO.

What NGO will we be supporting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭charybdis

Wolfe Tone wrote: »
    May I ask, why would you use the term "dissident" in such a report? Its an erroneous description.

How so?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭preilly79

charybdis wrote: »
    How so?
    The rise in anti-monarch/queen/British graffiti shouldn't be correlated to dissident republican activity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

Hey guys

Doing a very small assignment for an American NGO. If possible could you put me wide to any anti British monarch or anti royal visit graffiti in an around the Dublin area (North or South)

I have already covered
    St Anne’s
    Edenmore
    Coolock
    Harmonstown

Please remember this is for a publication so I do not endorse the content or support it. The article is on the Queens's visit plus the slight rise in dissident republican activity.

Much appreciated guys.

Go walk around parts of the Liberties, Ballymun and parts of Crumlin and you'll find anti-monarch visit graffiti .... I hope you are getting paid by said publication ..... for each day you are out searching for graffiti.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 312 ✭✭man.about.town

PCPhoto wrote: »
    Go walk around parts of the Liberties, Ballymun and parts of Crumlin and you'll find anti-monarch visit graffiti .... I hope you are getting paid by said publication ..... for each day you are out searching for graffiti.

yeah you should get paid danger money because scumbags are the only ones who would deface public property. watch your camera, wallet, phone and your life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

charybdis wrote: »
    How so?
    Its a silly term, more accurate description is "militant republicans" as the "dissidents" have not in fact dissented from anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 danielsan122

I have no idea how they intend to approach the article and as such the only details I will give out here about that NGO is that they are actively involved in human rights and equality so it’s unlikely that article will support such graffiti.

I just need locations people for photos. Simple !

If my original request was worded incorrectly I apologise. My intention is not to have this turning into a political / ethical thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭charybdis

preilly79 wrote: »
    The rise in anti-monarch/queen/British graffiti shouldn't be correlated to dissident republican activity.

I assumed OP was referring to the recent murder and threats of future murders by a republican paramilitary group in Norther Ireland.
    Wolfe Tone wrote: »
    Its a silly term, more accurate description is "militant republicans" as the "dissidents" have not in fact dissented from anything.

I think it applies in the sense that they are dissenting from the ceasefire signed by the major militant republicans and dissenting from the intent expressed in the Constitution of Ireland and the wishes of the people of Northern Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Telchak

There's some here in Doplphin's Barn, just has 'No Royal Visit' written in big letters across that wall there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Not Dublin, but for years there used to be graffitti outside Athlone train station "BRITS OUT" ... then someone fashioned an A out of the I so it read "BRATS OUT"

Advertisement