Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Receiving mobile phone-bill online only?

Options
  • 26-04-2011 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭

I would like to receive my monthly mobile phone-bill by email only
    just to cut down on regular mail and subsequent paper-disposal.

I asked Meteor about this and they replied:

Thank you for contacting Meteor.

I can advise at present we do not offer an e-billing system. This means bills each month are posted to our customers registered account address. We are looking to introduce this facility in the near future.

I would like to make you aware you can request a copy of your bill to be forwarded to you each month by email over the phone with our Customer Care Team on Free phone 1905. Once a bill is requested by email it will be forwarded to you within 24 hours. Alternatively, Meteor can remove the itemisation from your monthly invoice so that the breakdown off calls and texts are not displayed and you only receive the 1st 2 pages of your bill. If you would like me to arrange this, I would ask that you please confirm this by reply email and I will be more than happy to assist you further.

I hope this information is of some assistance to you.

If you have any further queries please call customer care or email info@meteor.ie and we will be delighted to assist you.

Regards,

Do all mobile service providers still send physical bills through the post?

All my other bills are online. Anyone have similar exerience?

John.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭robryan

I'm with O2 and I just check the O2 website to check all my calls and data usage online. No paper bills are received in the post...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

As far as i know, all of them do online billing except Meteor. Three certainly do anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭robo

I was the same - the number of pages I received from Meteor that I called to change to e-mail but they still send out a statement of 1-2 pages outlining the summary of your bill. It would be better for them to have an option of no postal bills.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

It's quite odd because Meteor's parent company, eircom does e-billing and has done for years.
    Maybe they're going to move Meteor over to the same billing platform or something. I've always found Meteor's billing system a bit primitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 ITDemo

I would really like this too.
    I get about 40 pages of a bill, purely because it accounts all the little KBs of data I use. This in my opinion is a big waste of paper. Hopefully they have it soon :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,005 ✭✭✭kirving

I rang up meteor and asked them to de-itemise the bill.

When I got to view the bill PDF document online it doesn't itemise it there either, which I would like.

I can still view my calls, etc. online in Call History.

To be honest, I can see it being a pain fro them to introduce if they already have a solid system set-up, but in the future I'd like a full bill online and just the first two pages in the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭robo

ITDemo wrote: »
    I would really like this too.
    I get about 40 pages of a bill, purely because it accounts all the little KBs of data I use. This in my opinion is a big waste of paper. Hopefully they have it soon :)
    You have to call them up & they will send you a 1-2 page summary rather than the pages of information that you can access online.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 ITDemo

robo wrote: »
    You have to call them up & they will send you a 1-2 page summary rather than the pages of information that you can access online.
    Ah okay, thanks for that, will do :)

Advertisement