Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cuba nightclub re-opening??? any facts?

Options
  • 26-04-2011 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

this week ive been hearing a lot of rumors about cuba nightclub possibly re-opening. anyone have any facts??

i only ask as i miss the place so much, i cant take anymore of karma or cp's and carbon basically turned back into the GPO (and to be fair,carbon was always like the gpo)

the cellar is apparently reopend so could this be just the start?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

this week ive been hearing a lot of rumors about cuba nightclub possibly re-opening. anyone have any facts??

i only ask as i miss the place so much, i cant take anymore of karma or cp's and carbon basically turned back into the GPO (and to be fair,carbon was always like the gpo)

the cellar is apparently reopend so could this be just the start?

I think you are only hearing this because The Cellar reopened. I haven't heard anything concrete about Cuba opening back up. according to the RUMORS I've heard, The rent being asked is way too high and wouldn't be sustainable for anybody to think about re-opening. Again..rumor.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Shanley

Rent including rates etc is €10,500 per week, im sure he would drop by a thousand or two with it being closed so long though if you have any spare cash lying about :P

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭xo.mary

Shanley wrote: »
    Rent including rates etc is €10,500 per week, im sure he would drop by a thousand or two with it being closed so long though if you have any spare cash lying about :P

HOLY JESUSSSSSS. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 28 nikkisixx69

doubtful of that happening, these companies have tons of propertys so they dont really mind if a premises is left empty for a good while, which is ****ing stupid because 6 -7 grand a week is better than nothing a week.

a friend looked into it and yes, the rent was 10 grand a week

meaning you would have to get in 200 people to spend 50 euro each. thats just to cover rent. then you have employees to pay etc

if i had the money i would have it opened up again

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

doubtful of that happening, these companies have tons of propertys so they dont really mind if a premises is left empty for a good while, which is ****ing stupid because 6 -7 grand a week is better than nothing a week.

a friend looked into it and yes, the rent was 10 grand a week

meaning you would have to get in 200 people to spend 50 euro each. thats just to cover rent. then you have employees to pay etc

if i had the money i would have it opened up again

Then take into consideration for a long time they were letting people in free before 12:30 to get them in the door. Were doing deals with vodka red bull for a few weeks. They renovated and down sized the place. The inevitable law suits brought against the place from over touchy bouncers. 10k a week is unreasonable at best, it isn't a very attractive business prospect.

Wonder how much they were paying for the comedy gigs and the like..what the return for them was like...

• Advertisement

Wompa1 wrote: »
    Then take into consideration for a long time they were letting people in free before 12:30 to get them in the door. Were doing deals with vodka red bull for a few weeks. They renovated and down sized the place. The inevitable law suits brought against the place from over touchy bouncers. 10k a week is unreasonable at best, it isn't a very attractive business prospect.

Wonder how much they were paying for the comedy gigs and the like..what the return for them was like...

the renovations made the place look terrible, i really hated them, way too dark, remodeled like a gothic dungeon it was. the original look was a winner!

the head bouncer (not sure of his name,had a goatee i think) but he was so bad, barred people for the most stupid of things, the rest of the bouncers were great though, really sound guys you could have a laugh with! a lot of them work in karma now which is cool!

Without trying to go too far off track its good enough value considering what this place around the corner is looking for: :P
    http://www.daft.ie/searchcommercial.daft?id=77607

Without trying to go too far off track its good enough value considering what this place around the corner is looking for: :P
    http://www.daft.ie/searchcommercial.daft?id=77607

1250 a week???? cuba was 10 grand a week!!!!!!!

Cuba is a far better location & id imagine about 5/6 times the size & alcohol/club license

Advertisement