Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help chosing a Bodhran

Options
  • 26-04-2011 2:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I decided to learn the bodhran, so far I've only had a two-hour lesson and I really loved it. I was provided with a Walton's bodhran and it didn't take long for me to realise that it's unplayable. I would like some advice on where to find one that would be affordable but still good for a biginner. I found some that seem to be good (but what do I known!) in McNeil's music shop on capel street, they go from 130 euro and the brand is 'The bodhran man'. Does anyone know this brand? Is it worth getting?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

http://www.irishmusik.com/

You can try them out in the shop, I think he was originally called 'The bodhran man' but changed when he started supplying other instruments.

Advertisement