Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swimming lessons at LeisureWorld?

Options
  • 26-04-2011 2:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi there,

I have to start swimming cause I have some back pain and need to lose weight, but I haven't swam for ages (really, ages :D). I'm a bit worried about going to swim on my own, as I don't know how to swim properly, and thought of taking classes. I read some stuff about Leisure World in Bishopstown and was wondering if some of ye had comments or advices about it?

(Oh and if anyone knows where I could buy a swimsuit in size 20-22... :))

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭morgana

Can't say anything about Leisure World swimming lessons, I would agree they are a good idea to get back into the swing of things, ,especially with back problems correct technique is helpful :)
    For plus size swim suits, it can be a pain, best bet is online. Evans has swimwear but it is crap IMO. Check ebay, if you are going to go regularly do not bother with regular fashion swimwear, go for Speedo Endurance or a similar chlorine resistant fabric. Ordinary swimwear will have gone flabby and see-through after a few months and isn't any cheaper either. Chlorine resistant stuff will last easily 2 years even with very frequent use.
    http://www.ukswimstore.com/p-1302-speedo-sculpture-finesse-u-back.aspx for example

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Leisureworld do swimming lessons for adults of all levels, beginner, improver etc.
    My wife is currently doing lessons there to improve her technique and she loves it. Her class has about 7 in it so it's a nice size.

Give them a buzz, I'm sure they will have courses to suit you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Arathea

Thanks a lot to you both. Morgana, I agree with Evans quality, so I didn't really want to buy a swimsuit there. Thanks for the link the Speedo look really good.

run_forrest_run, it's nice if it's small groups like this. I'm a bit self conscious about my shape and lack of exercise so I'd fell better with only a few people. I'll go there this week-end and talk to the staff.

Thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭puss

Would you consider asking them about one to one lessons. It would be good for your first few lessons to get you back into it.Regarding swimwear I find www.figleaves.com very good and delivery is very quick from them.

Advertisement