Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best savings account medium to long term with AIB

Options
  • 26-04-2011 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,853 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have approximately 6,500 euro in a current savings account with AIB. There markeitng rep rang me last week to adivse me about a number of short to medium investment plans that earn good interest on them and I was wondering would anyone suggest a good savings plan their at the moment. I will need money however for emergency purchases, day to day, insurance preimuims, bills etc so how much and what plan would you suggest I invest in because the money would be committed to the plan for a number of years. Also note I have about 20000 euro in a National Solidarity plan woth An Post. Should I just increase this amount by some of the money oin the current account? I only opened the 10 year investment account with An Post after christmas

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭broker2008

I think you have answered the question yourself. You are looking for a short term, accessible account. You have tied up your medium to long term savings already with An Post.

AIB's one year fixed term reward account giving 3.7% gross/A.E.R Fixed requires you to make no withdrawals within the year.

Whilst the Solidarity Bond allows you get at least your money back you will get no bonus if touched in the first five years and you could lose the 1% at the end of each year

• Registered Users Posts: 9,853 ✭✭✭billyhead

broker2008 wrote: »
    I think you have answered the question yourself. You are looking for a short term, accessible account. You have tied up your medium to long term savings already with An Post.

AIB's one year fixed term reward account giving 3.7% gross/A.E.R Fixed requires you to make no withdrawals within the year.

Whilst the Solidarity Bond allows you get at least your money back you will get no bonus if touched in the first five years and you could lose the 1% at the end of each year

Thanks Broker but I presume when you say and sorry of its a dumb question no withdrawels that would be just from the money invested in the account or from my current account at all

Advertisement