Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Plymouth

Options
  • 26-04-2011 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24,508 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone on here based in New Plymouth, we are looking at emigrating here and while have done lots of research etc just wondering does anyone have any personal experience of the place, what's it like, weather, stuff to do etc...

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

I hear its quiet! Very quiet. Why there of all places?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,508 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

jank wrote: »
    I hear its quiet! Very quiet. Why there of all places?

oil and gas industry which is what GF works as so plenty of opportunity
    Very highly rated lifestyle (as with most of NZ)
    On the coast - which was a must as we live on the coast here.

but mainly the job sources. already found it offers skiing, cycling (my main sport) watersports so covers a lot of our interests too

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

oil and gas industry which is what GF works as so plenty of opportunity
    Very highly rated lifestyle (as with most of NZ)
    On the coast - which was a must as we live on the coast here.

but mainly the job sources. already found it offers skiing, cycling (my main sport) watersports so covers a lot of our interests too

Then your laughing! Never been but I hear it is small and quiet. I like quiet but that might be too quiet for my liking! Good luck, seems you have done your homework.

Advertisement