Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESB Phone system

Options
  • 26-04-2011 3:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭

ESB owe me a new phone. They made me smash mine up.

Just tried to pay my bill using their automated phone system on 1850 372372.
    It's the most irritating customer care system I've ever used.

You have to speak the options to the phone - Yes No to an endless series of options rather than being allowed to press buttons.

This might seem like a minor complaint, but it increases the call length significantly and doesn't work particularly well.

And the irritating voice used - god.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭Priori

BrerWolf wrote: »
    ESB owe me a new phone. They made me smash mine up.

Woah, easy there feller... Perhaps you could take your claim to ComReg. My mate is waiting to hear back from them about a TV he smashed up. He didn't like the Saturday Night Show and is determined that Brendan O'Connor coughs up some compensation...
    BrefWolf wrote:
    And the irritating voice used - god.

Wow, they really managed to get God Himself? I'd go easy on the dissin' if I were you! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

BrerWolf wrote: »

You have to speak the options to the phone - Yes No to an endless series of options rather than being allowed to press buttons.

I think (might be thinking of credit card) if it picks you up wrong twice it alternates so you can press the buttons, so when it asks is this correct keep saying no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I find the spoken response system great and never ghad a moments trouble with it over the years. I actually find it much quicker than the press one for this press two for that nonsense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi BrerWolf,

I'm sorry to hear that our spoken response system posed difficulties for you.

We appreciate any feedback given and I will ensure your comments are taken into consideration.

Thanks,

David.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Nikolas11

The companies should make sure that they have a sweet voice to convince the customers, and also provide quick response to them. The phone system in the business area should be advanced one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement